Forums Latest Members

Seeking information regarding two inherited Omega watches.

1. garasp Oct 28, 2019

Inherited two Omega watches, but lack information about them, would appreciate any help I could get here. For example what model they are, and what year it possibly could be from. I know that the De Ville is from the 60's, but the black one I got no information about.

Can post more pictures if needed.

Thank you!

Omega 1.jpg Omega 2.jpg Omega black 1.jpg Omega black 2.jpg Omega black 3.jpg Omega gold 1.jpg Omega gold 2.jpg Omega gold 3.jpg
  2. JwRosenthal Oct 28, 2019

If you could provide well lit and sharp photos from
    Multiple angles of each watch, that would help. Detailed shots of the dials in angle and strait on are helpful. Perhaps take them outside and shoot them in both direct sunlight and shade.

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 28, 2019

Better yet, take them to a watchmaker, have him open them up so you can take an in-focus photo of the movement and the numbers inside the case back.

4. garasp Oct 28, 2019

Added some more photos :)

5. garasp Oct 28, 2019

I will take them to a watchmaker, was just wondering if it was possible to get some information here first :)

6. Dan S Oct 28, 2019

OK, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the crown on the black-dialed watch is not original. Happy?

But seriously, if you post photos of the inside, you will get much better information, so just be patient.

kkt and efauser like this.
  7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 28, 2019

It is but the correct info will come with photos of the inside.

8. JwRosenthal Oct 28, 2019

If you plan to keep them, take them to a independent watchmaker (not a mall jewelry store or Omega dealer) and gets photos of the movements and case back info (the Deville requires being pulled through the front- special tools), and we can help you date and authenticate them. The watches should be serviced anyway if you want to wear them, so have the watchmaker do the work.

If you plan to sell them, don’t touch them, just leave them as is and put them on eBay and someone will buy them.

kkt and garasp like this.