Forums Latest Members
  1. d4uk Jan 28, 2016

Just looking for a bit of advice.. when it comes to watches I've always been more a fan of the sports style... be it Speedmasters or Submariners...

But I'm considering getting my parents a watch each for their 50th wedding anniversary, which is still a couple of years off... 3 in fact! (never let it be said i'm not trying to be prepared)

Problem is I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to likes of the Seamasters or Constellations.
    I thought better to start early and see if i can find night dress 60's or 70's seamster for him for my mother? open to suggestions.

they were married in 1969 so if the watches were '69's that would be a bonus.
    and prob best gold plated/capped etc...

2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jan 28, 2016

When it comes to watches/jewelry, etc. unless I know exactly what the receiver likes/wants, I tell them that I want to get them (in this case a watch) and allow them to pick out whatever they like. I have bought my wife diamond earrings this way and she gets something that she wants to wear. Although I am sure your parents will love whatever you decide to get them. Good luck and congrats to them for a long marriage.

3. d4uk Jan 28, 2016

yeah i know what you mean and agree that could be an option.. but they are quite traditional and i can remember them buying a gold pair of watches for my grandparents on their 50th anniversary..
    i was simply thinking of doing the same..

Neither of them are really into watches with each just having a pair of quartz pieces.
    I was thinking of perhaps looking for a vintage grand seiko (dad's normal watch is already a seiko quartz) or a 60's omega seamaster.

Think i'll just keep an eye to the sales listing and see what comes up.

blufinz52 likes this.
  4. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Jan 28, 2016

I've seen his-n-hers C-shaped Constellation listings from time to time on eBay, usually somewhere between $1K and $1.5K for both.

5. chronos Jan 29, 2016

I really like your idea of keeping up a tradition :thumbsup:

@ahartfie : but they weren't produced in '69 AFAIK