Seamaster

Posts
24
Likes
21
Posts
1,853
Likes
4,464
‘Thoughts and comments’ might not give you what you want. Perhaps be a bit more specific?
 
Posts
1,077
Likes
4,454
ultimately what is the best way to find a good watch at a fair price?
Welcome aboard. I can’t comment on the condition, the price, or the value. Those things are still outside my wheelhouse. Chrono24 has a trend of recent sale prices that can give a general idea. However, and this is the biggie, I would plug in here, read, watch, interact etc. Don’t get in a hurry as that often doesn’t end well. As far as a good watch at a fair price is concerned, I would peruse the watches for sale here by esteemed members and pay attention to the watches that are of note posted on the recommended watches on ebay. If you buy from someone here, you’ll get what you want, fairly and accurately described, and for a price that is more than fair. In other words, don’t impulse buy. You’ll get bitten more often than not.
 
Posts
24
Likes
21
Welcome aboard. I can’t comment on the condition, the price, or the value. Those things are still outside my wheelhouse. Chrono24 has a trend of recent sale prices that can give a general idea. However, and this is the biggie, I would plug in here, read, watch, interact etc. Don’t get in a hurry as that often doesn’t end well. As far as a good watch at a fair price is concerned, I would peruse the watches for sale here by esteemed members and pay attention to the watches that are of note posted on the recommended watches on ebay. If you buy from someone here, you’ll get what you want, fairly and accurately described, and for a price that is more than fair. In other words, don’t impulse buy. You’ll get bitten more often than not.

this is the type of responses I’ve been hoping for! But thank you! Since I am new, I can’t post to the WTB thread so it’s a little difficult at the moment.
 
Posts
3,263
Likes
23,397
Hi Robert and welcome. Definitely stay away from the two eBay watches. Bad redials. I think you’ll really need to take your time researching this reference to find a good example and a fair price. These are a bit into the deep end. Start by finding good pictures of legitimate examples so you can compare dials and weed out the redials.
 
Posts
3,263
Likes
23,397
this is the type of responses I’ve been hoping for! But thank you! Since I am new, I can’t post to the WTB thread so it’s a little difficult at the moment.
WTB is overrated in my opinion. Seems like a shot in the dark. Nothing will replace research and diligent hunting when it comes down to actually finding what you’re looking for.
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
The photos of the first one aren't good enough to evaluate, but I have some concerns about the dial's originality.

The second one just looks very tired to me and the dial is damaged. Personally, I would look for something in better condition, but it depends on your personal preferences and budget.
 
Posts
13,518
Likes
23,452
Both watches are an easy pass. The first is redialed and the second is original but horrible.
Although part of the Seamaster range, these chronos often exhibit dial issues due to moisture ingress and ageing. Finding a good one at a good price isn’t easy. It will take time and research. Alternatively, you can simply pay a premium to a dealer.