Forums Latest Members
  1. cverstegen Dec 26, 2019

Hello! I have three questions about this old seamster. First, it does not have a bezel, but I do not see anywhere were the bezel would attach. Does this mean that this reference does is not supposed to have a bezel? Second, the crystal is not signed. Did all omega crystals have that etched signature in them, or perhaps, does this crystal predate the signing? Last, I see the metal compression ring on the inside of the crystal (I think that's what its called). How do I know what references are supposed to have that compression ring and which ones are not? Could that possibly be related to the lack of bezel?

I'm still trying to learn all I can about these vintage omegas. As always, thank you all so much for being willing to share your wealth of knowledge!
    01dial.jpg 02side.jpg 03back.jpg 04caseback.jpg 05movement.jpg

2. Bumper Dec 26, 2019

3. OMEGuy Dec 27, 2019

The watch looks correct to me. This reference came with various dial and hand combinations. The hands might have been replaced, not sure.

The bezel is not missing, this model had none.

I would expect the OMEGA-Logo in the center of the crystal.

The inner tension ring (white or yellow) was part of the contemporary design and was used in many other references. There's no context to the (lack of a) bezel.

Samir likes this.
  4. cverstegen Dec 27, 2019

Thanks, both of you!