Forums Latest Members
  1. Ruarijp Mar 16, 2021

Hi all,

I recently (one week ago) purchased a Seamaster 300 Trilogy from Watchfinder. I agreed with them a few days ago to return the bracelet for some work as there is a small defect which I feel should have been picked up on during their checks.

However, in the last few days I have noticed the time keeping seems off. Whilst on the wrist for 12h it was perfect, no change at all. However, overnight the watch lay dial up and LOST 4s which equates to -8s per 24h!! I am currently testing other orientations but that seems unacceptable to me ?? METAS master chronometers should be within 0/+5s so to be loosing 8s a day seems crazy to me, even with the understanding that the Omega precision stats are averages.

Am I right to return the watch back to Watchfinder and demand they check the accuracy/movement ??

Thanks in advance !

2. Stevedssd Mar 16, 2021

Yes I would return it, that is well out of spec. My Trilogy Seamaster runs at -0.1 sec per day and my two other 8800/8806 Seamasters are running at +2 secs and -0.2 secs per day. Watchfinder is an authorised Omega Service Centre but if under warranty, they may send it to Omega Southampton.

3. Dogmann Mar 16, 2021

@Ruarijp

I used to be a big fan of Watchfinder as in the past found that they were not only very fair on the prices they both bought and sold watches for but that their quality control was also excellent this was before they got bought out by Richemont. However since then I no longer trust them at all the prices they offer for most watches are insulting and yet they still want to sell for top prices. I suggest checking out their Trustpilot ratings but just click the box for the 1* reviews and unfortunately you will find you are far from alone in finding issues with your watch. It appears despite them having so many manufacturers approved service centres under their roof they just don't seem to be doing the checking and quality control of the watches they sell as they claim to and there are many stories similar to yours. Personally Watchfinder are on my avoid at all costs list and it will take a miracle for that to change, good luck getting your issues resolved and I hope it all works out for you.

Marc

4. Ruarijp Mar 16, 2021

Thanks Steve,

Think I’ll go with your advise. Nothing worse than a watch running slow.

5. dstfno Mar 16, 2021

It's not necessarily out of spec. METAS only means that the watch didn't deviate more than it should in a couple of tests, which together try to simulate normal wear. It doesn't mean that a watch could never run slow. Especially if you leave it in 1 position for a longer period, it's quite possible that it deviates.

Search for other topics concerning your issue as it has been answered in much detail more than once already.