Forums Latest Members
  1. callum1 Jun 10, 2013

hi, first post is an information request of the good people of this forum. i bought this watch off ebay a few years ago, re-banded it (still have the original band - refer to pics)
    and have recently become 'just not that into it' and would like to pass it on. but i have no idea what it is, age, worth, genuine, refurbished, or frankenwatch?
    i hope the pictures are sufficient enough for someone with a keen eye to give me some info.
    there are some numbers on the back that say 1425, and the paperwork that was in the box is just list of authorised sellers around the world.
    thank you.
    oh and i noticed the dates seem to be in english and another language respectively, as you twist the knob to set. i thought that was pretty cool.
    and it seems to fall behind about an hour every few months.

P1090470.JPG P1090465.JPG P1090467.JPG P1090468.JPG P1090469.JPG
  2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 10, 2013

This is your watch description in Omega vintage database:
    SeamasterCherbourg

Gents' metal bracelet

Dimensions: Ø34 mm
    Reference
    ST 396.0941
    International collection
    Movement
    Type: Quartz electronic analogic
    Caliber number: 1425
    Created in 1982
    7 jewels
    Central sweep-second hand
    Functions
    Day-date
    Case
    Stainless steel
    Case back
    Screw-in
    Dial
    Silvered (.001) or dark dark grey (.005), with "index" hour markers and luminous "stick" hands.
    Crystal
    Mineral
    Bracelet
    Stainless steel
    Water resistance
    60 meters​

[​IMG]

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 10, 2013

However, the fact that it is quartz and the model is not sought after by market, the value with complete set will be around USD 200-300 IMO. You can post it in the sales forum here (which will be included in Watch recon) or ebay.

4. Lex4TDI4Life Jun 10, 2013

Considering it is a quartz watch (as opposed to an automatic or a manual wind), it is not the most collectible. The dial look legit and I doubt many people would bother frankening a quartz. The experts will be along shortly for a more rigorous assessment, but I feel you likely have a cool, if not particularly in demand, watch.

5. ulackfocus Jun 10, 2013

While it's nice that you have the box, to most collectors quartz = meh. It's a mid 80's watch also, which most Omega collectors don't desire. Maybe it would fetch $200 on eBay?

6. callum1 Jun 10, 2013

cool, thanks for all the information.