Forums Latest Members
  1. westray Sep 6, 2019

Hi All,

If some of you could share some knowledge, I would appreciate it. I'm trying to make a decent expenditure on a kind of GADA, one-watch for everday kind of watch. I've narrowed it down to

1. Omega Seamaster (possibly SM Aqua Terra), has to be used. Quartz only for these.
    2. Seiko Sarb 033 or 035
    3. Oris 37mm 'lady' Aquis (would have to be used)
    4. C. Ward C65, possibly C60
    5. Hamilton Khaki Field

I've already been dinking around as a knife collector on the net for about 15 years, and I don't want to become a watch collector. It just has to do with the constant access to the internet. It's like a pawn shop every 10 feet and I really want to be done with it. I can't seem to maintain my sanity with this or that little collection to think about.

So, one watch it will be. The Seamaster is probably the best one. The size, sleekness, versatility etc. Feel free to share any thought or opinions.

My one biggest question is this;

What can I expect from a few of those very highly rated Japanese vendors who seem to have a large cache of Quartz seamaster for between 500-900 bucks? Have any of you gone through these guys? Would the watches be too old? What would happen there?

I appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

2. txjohn Sep 6, 2019

I bought my now ex wife a seamaster quartz 28mm 6 or 7 years ago . It's preformed well and still looks great . I don't have any experience with eBay watch purchases