Seamaster PO GMT bezel moving on its own?

Hi everyone, new here. I just got the Seamaster PO 600m GMT 215.30.44.22.01.001 on Friday. This is my first GMT with a bidirectional 24H bezel so forgive my inexperience.

I normally ride a bicycle into work, and today I noticed that the bezel had moved 5 hrs from 1700 to 1200H on its own after my ride home. I am presuming the vibrations from the bike are causing it. Is this normal?

Even the bezel of my 2254 does this from time to time. And that is guaranteed not to move in a twister with pliers.

Its probably just the ratchet springs in the bezel that is loose. Is this a new watch? Or is it time for a service?

Its more likely that you accidentally bumped or rubbed against something and moved the bezel. That has happened to me many times.

Like 1
Quoted member hen
Even the bezel of my 2254 does this from time to time. And that is guaranteed not to move in a twister with pliers.

Its probably just the ratchet springs in the bezel that is loose. Is this a new watch? Or is it time for a service?

Gotcha. Its a brand new watch. I did stop by the Omega AD I bought it from on Friday and they looked and explained similarly.

Its more likely that you accidentally bumped or rubbed against something and moved the bezel. That has happened to me many times.

Yeah I have two friends with Submariners who said their watches do this all the time. My anxiety is gone. Its funny how something like that makes the bezel rotate but when I have to move it to set the third time zone I have to actually use decent pressure to roate it.

Thanks for the replies!

Like 2
G
Its funny how something like that makes the bezel rotate

I'd bet you bumped it versus any type of vibration, and, if you haven't, it'd be a pretty easy test: grab the handlebar just before you leave and ensure the bezel position and that nothing's touching your watch, e.g., a sleeve or similar. Do the ride, never move your hand off the bar or touch your arm, then see if the bezel moved.

I'd bet it didn't move an smidge.

I have that watch and I've done all kinds of things with it on like C2 rowing, body weight training like pull-ups, dips, etc, jogging, etc and my bezel has never moved even 1 notch.

So took my time observing the watch this week as I ride back and forth to work. It's definitely not the vibrations from the bike hitting the bumps on the road. It's also not my wrist rubbing up against it as I grip the handle bars.

It's my back pack! I have https://yukon-outfitters.com/products/alpha-backpack and the back is made of 600D Polyester and has padded straps. The bag is pretty rugged as you can see, and when I am putting my arm thru it to carry the bezel was rotated because of the bag material. So whew....all is well. Thanks again everyone!
Edited:

Like 1
So took my time observing the watch this week as I ride back and forth to work. It's definitely not the vibrations from the bike hitting the bumps on the road. It's also not my wrist rubbing up against it as I grip the handle bars.

It's my back pack! I have https://yukon-outfitters.com/products/alpha-backpack and the back is made of 600D Polyester and has padded straps. The bag is pretty rugged as you can see, and when I am putting my arm throw it to carry the bezel was rotated because of the bag material. So whew....all is well. Thanks again everyone!

Makes perfect sense. Glad you got it figured out for your peace of mind!

I don't find the idea of a bezel moving by itself anywhere near as disturbing as riding a bicycle....... that's seriously disturbed stuff!

Like 1