Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Planet Ocean 45.5mm General Questions

1. JodyHighroller May 5, 2019

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I'm very active over on the Rolex Forums and have recently ventured to here. Looking forward to chatting with you all!

1) I bought a Planet Ocean 45.5mm (215.30.46.51.01.002) back in September of last year and love it. I've recently noticed the hour hand doesn't seem to line up exactly with the hour markers when the minute hand is in the 12 o'clock position. It is off about -5 minutes. Example, if it is 1:00pm, I have to set the minute hand to 12:55pm for the hour hand to be exactly centered.

From my brief research, I saw that Omega allows a tolerance of -/+ of two minutes, but being mine is larger than that, I assume it can be fixed easily under warranty? I saw there seems to be a wide variation of others who have similar issues.

2) I previously had the watch sent in for a loose 6 o'clock bracelet end link. According to the service invoice, they replaced the spring bars. When I received the watch back, I noticed they also swapped the end links between the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock sides.

With that being said, the 6 o'clock side now is solid and doesn't move at all. The 12 o'clock side now has a very slight wobble and gap between the case (nothing like before in it's original 6 o'clock position). Being the end links were switched from their original new positions, I wasn't sure if I should chalk this up to a manufacturing tolerance difference between the two, or if the watchmaker at the Swatch Center only used a plus size spring bar in the 6 o'clock position (if that's even possible?).

Thank you in advance for reading! IMG_4485.JPG IMG_4486.JPG IMG_4487.JPG IMG_4488.JPG

2. JodyHighroller May 13, 2019

Just wanted to update this, Omega is replacing all the hands on my watch.

JohnSteed and AntonisCy like this.
  3. boraxman May 13, 2019

Glad they're taking care of you...Great looking watch by the way!

4. JodyHighroller Jun 28, 2019

Just returned from holiday abroad and was excited to receive my watch back! Took a little shy of a month due to the hands being backordered. The hands line up great now, but there is smudges underneath the crystal. It looks like when you use cheap paper towels to dry a window and the remaining glass cleaner air dries. Can't believe this was missed under QC.

Will be phoning this morning about correcting.

AntonisCy likes this.
  5. AntonisCy Jun 28, 2019

QC is not one of Omega's strong points.

6. ras47 Jun 28, 2019

While Omega's QC may not be the gold standard, their customer service certainly is.

AntonisCy likes this.
  7. JohnSteed Jun 28, 2019

Huh...really?

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 28, 2019

Compared to???

9. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Jun 28, 2019

Christopher Ward? :whistling:

Wivac and Foo2rama like this.
  10. AntonisCy Jun 28, 2019

Agreed!

11. AntonisCy Jun 28, 2019

Unfortunately yes.

12. AntonisCy Jun 28, 2019

Compared to buying 5 watches from "the other brand" with no problems whatsoever and buying 8 Omega watches with 4 of them having minor or major issues. I love Omega watches and i will continue buying them but they have issues when it comes to QC. Not bashing the brand. And as noted above they have the best customer service i have ever experienced.

13. Hands90 Jun 30, 2019

The end links wouldn't bother me but that being said I noticed on a watch review on YouTube where the end link was so loose there was a huge gap between the bracelet and the head.

The hands would bother me.
    Why did this happen? Do they tend to drift over time?

14. JodyHighroller Jul 16, 2019

Just received my watch back and not happy at all. See attached photo with the weird half circles near the date window.

I’m sending it back again today to their NJ location this time. At this point, I just told them to replace the crystal entirely as they can’t manage to clean it properly. You notice immediately under bright light or out in the sun.

I’ve only had this watch for ten months, but it’s been at their service center for three already. Needless to say, this will be my last Swatch product.

6B498240-C7DB-443D-8E0C-C09DC8EC1A02.jpeg
    Edited Jul 16, 2019
  15. Hands90 Jul 16, 2019

Sorry to hear that man.
    Good luck.

16. rott3 Jul 16, 2019

I've never heard of such QC problems with omega...and by the price of both their watches & service I wouldn't expect less than perfection.
    To me that -5minutes diference is not acceptable and I would certainly return the watch to have the issue solved.