Forums Latest Members

Seamaster microadjust clasps, still available from Omega ?

1. Blackdog Jul 23, 2020

Is it still the case that you can order the new clasps (117STZ001154/1159/4666) for retrofitting older bracelets ?
    These used to be 100-ish euros last year, has the price changed significantly since ?
    Thanks for the info.

2. Jonathan40 Jul 23, 2020

Price has virtually doubled but still available

3. ChiefMark Jul 23, 2020

Sure has (doubled). I just did this earlier this month. Clasp and end-links with tax came to $388 & change. Between service and parts, I think my watches are more expensive to own than my cars and motorcycles. LOL.

4. reverbtime Jul 24, 2020

Got the 117STZ001154 early this year from an Omega boutique just before they doubled in price.

5. steelfish Jul 24, 2020

Yep all now incredibly expensive, end links to suit the clasp eye watering now.

I was going to sell mine but I’ve changed my mind as I’m sure they’ll get even more expensive soon. I think omega have realised that maybe their parts were too accessibly priced and want to be more Rolex like. That’s a big shame.

ChiefMark and wolfe44 like this.
  6. wolfe44 Jul 24, 2020

I can confirm. Doubled in price. Wanted to do one for my planet ocean but now I think I'll get a half link instead. Not worth $400 just to get the right fit. Lame

7. steelfish Jul 24, 2020

Yeah that’s about right. £310 all in it’s just cost me for the same thing as was (I think) about £140 a few years back when someone on here discovered how to do it. The worst thing is I had all the parts in my basket several times over the years and never did it.

8. Bugbait Jul 26, 2020

Curious about that logic. Spending several hundred so that a watch that cost several thousand fits better or perfectly isn't worth it?

I didn't hesitate to spend £285 on a new leather strap so it would fit better and this will likely need to be replaced (for a higher price) in a number of years. To each their own but for me, a few hundred to improve fit on a luxury watch is a no-brainer considering how much I wear them.

Wetworks and ChiefMark like this.
  9. wolfe44 Jul 26, 2020

Because after spending several thousand dollars on a watch, it should already fit perfectly. Not everybody has an extra $400 to toss around just to get their watch to fit right.

10. SkunkPrince Jul 26, 2020

I agree, which is why I put one on my Seamaster Professional 2254.50. Well, two, because I have both styles of bracelet.

Which watches currently come with an adjustable clasp? I know the 60th Limited Editions do. It might be something being phased in to newer designs as they are introduced. I wouldn't necessarily expect them to retrofit into existing designs, no matter how desirable we might find it.

11. Blackdog Jul 26, 2020

I think the SM300MC was one of the (if not the) first.
    Then for sure the 60th trilogy, the new Seamaster 300M and the 50th Speedmasters (i believe).
    I don't know about the standard Speedmasters...

12. Bugbait Jul 26, 2020

I would argue that no one should buy a watch that doesn't fit well in the first place. At least there is an option to make it fit better, an original part from Omega no less.

I think it's a matter of perspective at the end of the day. What's better, that Omega sell the watch you want for more upfront with an adjustable clasp? Or make it cheaper without? It's like when they added the ceramic coated titanium deployant clasps to the Side of the Moon watches and increased the prices accordingly. Was this better?

Anyone who buys a luxury mechanical watch, new, used or vintage that doesn't have a "spare" few hundred for maintenance or whatever else is buying something they can't afford. No one needs a luxury watch so it's not like they're really missing out right?

jeelan and wolfe44 like this.