Forums Latest Members

COSC Certificate Available from Omega

1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 25, 2014

This may be old news to some, and not clear this can be applied to older pieces, but I didn't know these were even available from Omega. Received this from Omega Customer service today after sending in a request for a couple of Archive Extracts. There is a new COSC request form to be completed and returned with payment.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your request regarding the COSC watch rate certificate.
    Upon receipt of a stamped, and dated (by an official OMEGA dealer) copy of the OMEGA international warranty card, we shall gladly provide the official chronometer certificate (COSC) from the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute. This certificate is issued at a cost of $110.00 USD. Kindly, forward a copy of your OMEGA warranty card to [email protected] so that we may further assist you with your request. Please be advised this process may take up to 6 weeks for processing and delivery.

If you have any questions or require further assistance, please contact our customer care center at 877-839-5224 or via email at [email protected]

Thank you for being a valued OMEGA customer.

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 25, 2014

That's good news but I fear that the way those mongrels look at the vintage crowd, they would want you to have the watch "restored" by them, then have you pay for it to be tested by COSC and charge you $110 for the certificate. They'd probably "forget" to put a stamp on the envelope, so you had to pay extra again.

3. woodwkr2 Jul 25, 2014

Is it possible for collectors to submit a piece to COSC independently?

4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 26, 2014

I've never heard of that, or read it on the internet, so it can't be true. :whistling: