Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Diver 300M 007 Edition - Lug-to-lug?

1. Rookie1986 Jan 23, 2021

Does anyone know what the lug-to-lug is for the 300M 007 Edition?

I’ve tried google but only seem to find case diameter and thickness measurements, I’ve got the chance to get one in a trade but unsure how it will wear on a 17cm wrist.

Any help, photos of the watch on a similar wrist size etc would be appreciated.

2. vintage hab Jan 23, 2021

Lug-to-lug is 49mm. My wrist is almost 18.5cm, and the watch is super comfortable. There is a thread on the forum by some people with smaller wrists having difficulty with the titanium mesh strap, but I love it.

B9B2B6EC-F973-495F-8D42-FE14DEF73DEE.jpeg
    A2792649-6283-481F-9E40-C664827F3C09.jpeg

3. chadeaux Jan 23, 2021

regarding the titanium bracelet, Omega should have a shorter version available that could fit better your wrist...

david5807 and Karusel like this.
  4. Rookie1986 Jan 23, 2021

Thank you for this, looks like a no-go then.

5. vintage hab Jan 23, 2021

It also comes on a NATO, and some people have put a rubber strap on it.

upload_2021-1-23_13-26-50.png

Premaster, Duracuir1 and Rookie1986 like this.
  6. Karusel Jan 23, 2021

Correct. I ordered the short version in November and received it on the 2nd of January. Worth it.

7. chadeaux Jan 23, 2021

I've the regular version, it fits pretty well if you are on the 4th hole.
    the NTTD became one of my favorite watches!

8. Rookie1986 Jan 23, 2021

Where did you order from, can’t find it on the Omega site

9. Karusel Jan 23, 2021

You need to order through the Boutique or your AD.

10. Rookie1986 Jan 23, 2021

Ah, currently closed due to COVID. How much are they priced at?

11. Karusel Jan 23, 2021

It was 1400 USD excluding sales tax.

12. Rookie1986 Jan 23, 2021

I was expecting a few hundred, not 1400, wow! So with that on top it doesn’t make the trade really favourable for me as I’m taking on an additional expense and the watch might still be too large for me. Thanks for the help.

13. PizGloria Jan 28, 2021

I’ve got a 17cm wrist.

Tried on the Seamaster 300m 007 Edition in the Omega Boutique in Birmingham, West Midlands around September 2020.

I’ll say this, the lug-to-lug was no issue at all. A better overall lug-to-lug fit than my Planet Ocean 39.5mm, which is 45mm.

The most striking thing was how lightweight it was on the wrist. Incredibly comfortable.

I’m seriously contemplating trading mine for it once the film has been released and the fanfare has died down a little.

If you’ve got the opportunity to get it, then do so. I don’t think you’ll regret it

Edited Jun 20, 2021
    Rookie1986 likes this.
  14. vintage hab Jan 28, 2021

Agree that it is very light and comfortable. It’s certainly expensive, but I’m not sure the price will go down after the movie release, perhaps the opposite?

15. PizGloria Jan 28, 2021

No doubt Omega will sneak in another price increase (or two) during the production run of the Seamaster 300m 007 Edition.

What I’ll say is if Omega followed their usual trend of making it a limited edition - say 7,007 or 10,007 pieces - the price of the watch would certainly increase.

This piece however is marketed as special edition which will be in production until the next film is released. Given that No Time To Die took 4 years to get to it’s original release date (pre COVID-19), of April 2020, it could be in production for a while.

The Planet Ocean line is due an upgrade soon, as this happens every 5-6 years. Another Seamaster 300m will be released too. Maybe a GMT. Whilst that’s going on, I think the Seamaster 300m 007 Edition may take a backseat 12 months after the movie is officially released.

Rookie1986 likes this.
  16. Rookie1986 Jan 28, 2021

I’d rather see a limited production run (spanning the life from one movie to the next) than it be a limited edition with a specific amount of units available.

I’ve decided to go ahead with the trade so I should be getting mine within the next week, if it doesn’t work out I can always flip it or trade against something else.

Looking forward to it as it will be my first Omega :)

vintage hab likes this.
  17. PizGloria Jan 28, 2021

Yeah I prefer to see that too.

The designs on some of the previous James Bond pieces by Omega have been pretty shit. But because it’s a limited production run, it retains a lot of its value. Not necessarily through it being a great design, sadly.

I’ve worn Omega dive watches every day for nearly 20 years. Glad to hear you’re pressing ahead with the 007 Edition and I hope you enjoy your first step into Omega.

Look forward to the wrist shot pictures!

Rookie1986 likes this.
  18. Rookie1986 Jan 28, 2021

I’m a Bond fan and do enjoy the movies, but I was never overly fond of the additional 007 adornments that some of the previous models carried, I do like that the NTTD doesn’t follow suit and just has a subtle nod to the MOD on the dial. I hope they continue down this route with future releases as I personally feel it makes the watches less gimmicky and more appealing.

I think I’ll enjoy it, my Dad has a couple of Omegas and also a vintage 50’s Seamaster that was his fathers, so I’ll be joining the Omega club with good company :)

19. PizGloria Jan 28, 2021

You know what I’ve never understood...in the novels and the films, his style is usually very subtle and classy. These aren’t the words I’d usually associate with Omega James Bond limited edition pieces.

My only real criticism of the NTTD Seamaster 300m is the NATO strap not being included with the Milanese bracelet. At nearly £8,000, I think the least Omega could have done was include it as part of the overall package.

Although my Grandad served in the British Royal Navy for 10 years, I think I’m the only person in the family who actually wears Omega. My Dad’s worn Heuer and TAG Heuer watches for the last 40 years, not sure why?!

pete26 likes this.
  20. Rookie1986 Jan 28, 2021

I agree, some of them have been questionable choices, not as far as design goes (they are beautiful pieces) but they didn’t (to me) match the character they are worn by. I think both the Spectre and the NTTD are more in keeping with what I’d expect the character to actually wear so I hope they continue down this direction.

I’m very lucky on this occasion as the guy who I’m doing the trade with purchased the NATO from the AD to go with the watch so I’ll get both strap options. Although at this price I agree, it should have included both options in the box (I like the leather watch pouch but feel the Spectre had better presentation overall).

I have a love-hate relationship with TAG Heuer, I’ve owned and sold 3 from my collection, I like some of their designs but once in hand (and on wrist) they just don’t feel special so I end up selling them to go for something that will get more wrist time.

vintage hab likes this.