Forums Latest Members
  1. Farmer Jun 29, 2020

Good Afternoon all,
    If I may ask some questions of the more experienced watch people on this forum, please? I caught the chronic horology disease in about 1996/7 in Hong Kong with the purchase of my first "expensive watch". I have the sleet bezel and I would like to change it to the blue one, is this possible? If so, where do I buy one from? Secondly, I would like to get hold of an original box and papers for the watch, the same question, where from, please?
    If this thread is out of order would a moderator please remove it or such.
    many thanks in advance
    Farmer

2. omegastar Jun 30, 2020

Maybe you should give the reference number of your watch for I believe there are more than one Seamaster 300 model, posting pictures could also motivate some members to respond.

3. Farmer Jul 1, 2020

Thank you omegastar, it is with my watchmaker now for a routine service,when I get the details I will repost here, sorry for my ineptitude.

4. redzer007 Jul 1, 2020

Does it look like this?

If so then yes you can get a blue bezel insert

Screenshot_20200701-235139_eBay.jpg

5. Farmer Jul 1, 2020

Yes, that is my watch exactly, waahooo, so I can get the blue bezel for it, many thanks Redzer007. Also my thanks to this forum and the Mods for allowing me to post.
    All I have to do now is find one for sale, no easy task I suspect.

6. guwipa Jul 2, 2020

But yes, this could be an easy exercise if you accept to go after market approach.

Omega usually sells only combined bezel and insert and so you need to finds something used on the flea-bay or you go aftermarket.

Just search "bezel insert blue seamaster" on eBay and you'll find plenty of them. you just to make sure the right size (for 41mm or 36,25mm diameter watches)

And please post a picture pre- and after the swap when you got opportunity to :)

Cheers,

Winny

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 2, 2020

Just note these will be fake inserts, so not genuine Omega parts.

8. Farmer Jul 2, 2020

Thank you Winny and Archer, I would prefer to get the genuine article, but suspect that will be near impossible in Aust and I am not confident in doing the internet thing with someone that does not a good profile on here .
    I will try, however, worth a bit of time and research.
    many thanks again

9. Farmer Jul 3, 2020

Thank you to all, yes, it is a 41mm 168.1623. I will never sell this watch, but I will search for the blue bezel and insert.Sadly, I am unable to find an independent watchmaker with an Omega parts account in Aust. So I guess I will have to try offshore somewhere.If anyone knows where I can find the genuine article I would be most grateful for the heads up