Seamaster De Ville from the 60's, need some help

https://imgur.com/a/felSqRV

I just adore the aesthetics of this watch and have been dreaming for a while about buying one for my wedding.

I was wandering- how much maintenence should I expect for such an old watch?

Is the current state presented in the video is more or less acceptable considering Its age?

Should I ask anything in particular before buying?
(Its 900$)

Thanks!

Hi and Welcome,

You need to download photos and anything else you want people to look at. Lots of people don't like to follow links to unknown other sites and additionally those links get broken over time and the images are not saved on the forum for prosperity and info in future.

Maybe also advisable to introduce yourself and let people know what research you have done yourself and what your thoughts are. You may then get a better response

I was wandering- how much maintenence should I expect for such an old watch?
Everyone has their own opinions, but a good general rule is to have it serviced every 5-10 years or whenever it starts to significantly gain / lose time.

Is the current state presented in the video is more or less acceptable considering Its age?
Its current state is most unfortunate and I suggest you look at the sticky thread on what to look for.

This is the best image I was able to pause and snap from that video. It’s a very bad redial. Absolutely stay away from this watch.

upload_2024-5-13_9-50-53.png

As mentioned above, service timeline will be about every 5-10 years. You’ll need to find a suitable watchmaker for your servicing needs.

Start by looking at the Vintage recommendation thread here on this forum if you’re not exactly sure what you’re looking for. It will help weed out watches like this.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/rec...-only-on-ebay-not-for-inquiries.1790/page-484

This is the best image I was able to pause and snap from that video. It’s a very bad redial. Absolutely stay away from this watch.

upload_2024-5-13_9-50-53.png

As mentioned above, service timeline will be about every 5-10 years. You’ll need to find a suitable watchmaker for your servicing needs.

Start by looking at the Vintage recommendation thread here on this forum if you’re not exactly sure what you’re looking for. It will help weed out watches like this.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/rec...-only-on-ebay-not-for-inquiries.1790/page-484

Plus the crown looks wrong for the model, should rather be a scallop one. But the advice stands, terrible redial, stay away and remain patient. This is not a rare model by longshot and you can probably find one available and reasonably priced on this forum, in full package.

Should I ask anything in particular before buying?
(Its 900$)

Glad you asked, it's a piece of shit not worth a quarter of that.

it's a piece of shit not worth a quarter of that.
Hmmmmm.... tell us how you really feel about it. 🤦::stirthepot::