Forums Latest Members
  1. mr_yossarian Dec 14, 2019

2. harrymai86 Dec 14, 2019

Did you have a bad experience with him? Just curious.

3. Porten75 Jun 25, 2020

Just checked in here after some bad experiences with shucktheoyster.
    After reading this thread i should have known better.

The pictures of the waches do look very good. He does have a nice collection.
    But the price is too high. Movements look dirty. Also the outside of the cases look dirty. And when you have some questions about it, he avoids it.

4. mr_yossarian Jun 25, 2020

As soon as he has your money, the deal is over. And there is actually much more to say..

5. Porten75 Jun 26, 2020

Yes, according to Arthur, my questions were stupid and i was bitching him around :whipped:
    I have also asked him about warranty and his refund policy (offered watch was on chrono24). The watch was longer than 6 months for sale.
    And nothing looked like serviced, but the case, dial and hands were looking that good, that i wanted it.
    And all in the sudden the watch was sold. Yeah sure.
    To me #fucktheoyster is a unreliable seller

6. gminnj Jun 26, 2020

Sorry to hear about these experiences, but very grateful to those who have shared them.

Just one more reason I appreciate this forum...

7. omegaman1973 Nov 22, 2020

H
    Hi, many of the movements on his watches seem dirty in the photos on the website but the dials are usually very good. He does have some very nice watches and feedback is on the whole positive I think. He has said that the photos are taken before they go off for servicing, but has anyone bought a watch from him where the movement still looks the same after purchase? Or, have they been cleaned and look better by then?

Mark020 likes this.
  8. mr_yossarian Nov 22, 2020

I witnessed a 105.003 bought "serviced" from him failing in the hands of the buyer the moment he received and checked the Chrono. The complete overhaul of the 321 cost the new owner a considerable amount of money...so much for your information from the seller.

Mark020 likes this.
  9. omegaman1973 Nov 22, 2020

10. omegaman1973 Nov 22, 2020

Would be interested to hear more if possible, do DM me?
    Thank you

11. mr_yossarian Nov 22, 2020

Please don't quote me without the context.

Sincerely
    Dr. Fauci

12. mr_yossarian Nov 22, 2020

No need for private comms, it's all in here and deserves to stay transparent I think.

cristos71 and kov like this.
  13. cristos71 Nov 22, 2020

Maybe you can say a little more about this behaviour? I've often looked at the watches there and sometimes been tempted- although the prices are very high for me and it also goes against my "no dealer" principles..

Mark020 likes this.
  14. CLA05 Feb 11, 2021

The prices certainly are outfrickinrageous!!

15. watchheaven Apr 17, 2021

I also would like to share my experiences I made with shucktheoyster and especially Arthur.
    I bought in total 2 watches - the first transaction went overall very smooth ... I experienced after the purchase that the watch is not really running quite accurate but didn't complain.

My 2nd purchase had been a little different. I bought a watch for >5.000 EUR and as soon it arrived I realized the condition not really to be as described (dirt under the glass, watch case clearly polished ... described as not polished, broken spring bar ...).
    - One of shucktheoyster's greatest assets is for sure the professional pics to market the watches
    - They are IMO very generous in describing (marketing) their watches (especially when ist comes to the condition)

When I contacted Arthur and explained him I want to return the watch he got really upset and did hang on (telling me to take a lawyer) ... he claimed he will not accept the return (even if regulated by law in Europe a professional dealer has to accept returns within 14 days - without any explanation by the customer).

Overall a very disappointing experience - If you think making a deal with Shucktheoyster I would strongly recommend you to make it solely via chrono24 as there you get a financial protection by the platform.

I wouldn't describe Arthur as a watch enthusiast more like a dealer as described before "as soon he has your money the deal is over“ … denying applicable law is self-speaking and underlies this.

BTW: I never received an invoice for non of the watches (even when asking) ... what is also German law... but probably the wold is a different one for Shucktheoyster/ Arthur ;)

Shabbaz, yako54, KP-99 and 4 others like this.
  16. septentrio Apr 17, 2021

That is hugely disappointing to read. Especially given the prices that are asked.

17. cristos71 Apr 17, 2021

Agreed, worrying to say the least and reason enough to know now that I would never buy there.

Mark020 likes this.
  18. omegaman1973 Apr 17, 2021

This (multiple negative) feedback seems to be mounting up. Worrying....

19. mr_yossarian Apr 18, 2021

Did you pay cash? sounds like tax evation this way or the other. What a nice guy..

20. Uscjake87 Apr 18, 2021

These dealers make a living with uninformed window shoppers. Nice pics and crafty words part rich people with their cash often enough for this business model to work. I dont mind this model as all sales businesses have such dealers. You would expect that for premium prices you would get service and guarantees. I guess all you get is a lighter wallet and a hard lesson learned.

watchheaven and Mark020 like this.