Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Chronograph With Missing 3 O'clock Marker Is Back

1. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 7, 2013

Be aware of this for those of you who didn't catch the earlier thread this watch was discussed in. Some of us suspected it would be relisted again - seller claimed it was bought for a huge price - but it is up again listed under another seller but it is the same watch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321103599777?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. ulackfocus Apr 7, 2013

There's no feedback about this watch on either accounts. I just asked the "new" ( :cautious: ) seller to tell me a story about this.

Dablitzer and Privateday7 like this.
  3. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 7, 2013

Dennis, you're so sneaky.

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2013

Hey, you got your Chihuahuas, We got our Pitbull :D

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 8, 2013

Do keep us updated! I wonder if the "new" seller will try to go with a kind and gentle approach compared to the aggressive in your face approach the
    "old" seller took.

6. pitpro Likes the game. Apr 8, 2013

So who is going to ask him about the 3 o'clock marker? Ha!
    I did it last time. Wonder if they say there was no marker there again?
    The photography sucks this time.
    Maybe he thought the washed out brightness would mask the outline of
    the missing marker? Nah, he wouldn't do that.

7. ulackfocus Apr 9, 2013

Well, so far the seller claims he has no knowledge of the other listing and can't find it even though I gave them the item number. He says he bought the watch last Friday and decided to "mirror another very educated dealers format" for his listing. He believes I've confused him with somebody else.

Instead of the item number of the original listing, I gave him a direct link. I also asked for a movement shot and inside of the caseback, but didn't mention anything about serial numbers. We'll see what the next reply says.

8. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 9, 2013

What a crock! Don't think much else needs to be said!

9. ulackfocus Apr 9, 2013

Oh, I believe he's the same seller with a different ID also. I would have no problem with this if he didn't try to rub your nose in the "sale" of this watch for the alleged $6000.

I'm seriously considering my next message to him being a wager. Something like if I by the watch and find out it's the same one as in the first listing, I have the right to send it back and get DOUBLE my money back. ;)

10. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 13, 2013

Did he ever get back to you about this?

11. ulackfocus Apr 13, 2013

Nope, which just convinces me that it is the same watch. If it weren't he'd be going out of his way to prove otherwise.

12. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 13, 2013

No question it is the same watch - new seller is in the same area, description is pretty much the same and the other blemishes on the dial are identical. Of course no representation in the description that the marker at 3 o'clock is missing. The seller certainly isn't the first to incompletely describe the watch they have on sale but this one is unusual in that he answers honest inquiries with insult.

13. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 1, 2013

14. ulackfocus May 1, 2013

Just asked him why he never answered my last inquiry about the serial number.

15. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 1, 2013

I wonder if this is a case where the top bids from the previous listing were spurious or they were legit but watch was returned once the missing marker issue was discovered. And of course the original seller of the watch is claiming the watch was sold to another dealer in the area who is now the one trying to sell the watch.

16. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 1, 2013

At least it is not yet another seller identity