Forums Latest Members
  1. JasonPDX Apr 4, 2015

Hi guys!

Had my first post of an omega constellation that I picked up the other week. Really awesome feedback. Wondering about this piece. I am on the fence, I will start with I got it for a screaming deal of $75.00. That is why I am thinking of keeping it. Why not? However, I know it needs new crystal, and a service, again sorry for not showing pics of the movement as its pressure fit back, and I am having trouble removing it myself. It as been looked at by two different watchmakers in Portland and they both say it looks really clean.

Is it collectible? The movement itself was there any significance. It is supposed to be all original face, hands, crown, but the crystal is not, no omega symbol. I am thinking with service and a crystal, I will be in this watch $300.00 and for that it looks pretty nice. Are the arrowhead markers more rare then others or? These are all the things I am pondering.

Thats for your thoughts in advance!
    Jason
    IMG_3197.JPG IMG_3193.JPG IMG_3191.JPG IMG_3190.JPG

rogart likes this.
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 4, 2015

You did good with that one. Even at $300, once serviced you could get a nice mark up.

The dial and caseback are of a more desirable type. Probably could get $400 as is if you wanted to sell.

Crown looks original, but plating is damaged. Crystal and movement could be done by buyer.

Question is whether you want to keep or flip?
    gatorcpa

JasonPDX likes this.
  3. Drawarms Apr 4, 2015

looks clean man, having the calendar stamp on it makes it slightly more rare then the ones that don't! at $300, serviced, its a keeper, but hey you can always sell it if you want.

JasonPDX likes this.
  4. PatrickJ Apr 4, 2015

Looks great, good deal you got even with all other expenses.

JasonPDX likes this.
  5. JasonPDX Apr 4, 2015

What do you mean the dial and case back are more desirable? Thanks for the response:)

6. JasonPDX Apr 4, 2015

Do you mean just because the dial says calendar on it? Some don't? Thanks just trying learn as much as possible:)

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 4, 2015

Heavy gold arrowheads on dial and Hippocampus on back.
    gatorcpa

JasonPDX likes this.
  8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 4, 2015

Dial does have a bit of staining and patina so not great but not bad either and definitely original

JasonPDX likes this.
  9. JasonPDX Apr 4, 2015

This true, but I think a lot is in the crystal. It's in pretty bad shape, I do see one definite spot. Would you just replace the crown? Or leave the worn original one?

10. JasonPDX Apr 4, 2015

They look to be real gold too me.

11. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 4, 2015

They are.
    gatorcpa

JasonPDX likes this.