Forums Latest Members
  1. macareu Oct 17, 2012

Hello, my first post here will be a request, apologizes for that :)

I'm searching for the exact model and date of this watch and i'm sure that you'll be very helpful

My grandfather bought this watch in Switzerland , brand new , I dont know how (or if) it's been serviced since.
    The only service I know about was after his death , it was around 2005/2006 , the dial was cleaned, don't know if it was changed, cleaned ... it had such a nice stardust on it.. shame :p

I'm new in the watches universe so excuse if I miss some stuff , i've identified the caliber : 501
    Is the serial number 16250194 ? When searching with what I can see on the backplate I found another caliber...

Here are the pictures (sorry about the very very bad quality of the backplate and caliber pictures...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance !

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 17, 2012

Production was around 1958 as you can see from this chart: http://chronomaddox.com/omega_serial_numbers.html

Its a stainless steel Seamaster, and you can tell from those engravings in the back, not the clean ones describing the watch but the smaller, finer, freehand looking engravings at odd locations around the caseback that its been serviced at least twice in its past, POSSIBLY on 08/10/00 (12 years ago) if I'm reading that right.

Dial is almost certainly replaced

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 17, 2012

The "other caliber" you found is the "name" of the watch. It is a Seamaster Reference 2846. Yes the dial has been either changed or refinished(repainted).