Forums Latest Members

Seamaster blue wave James Bond

1. Mr ripple Nov 29, 2017

Hi, I’m new to the forum - just wondered if anyone can help? I recently purchased a blue wave seamaster, second hand, the original purchase date was 2013, apparently it was being held back in the shop by the Manager because of serial number ending 007 (which it does). Does this make it any more valuable for resell?

2. alam Nov 29, 2017

Welcome! The question goes back to you...were you compelled to pay a premium for this special serial number? and by the way, around here we are skeptical about stories like this w/o pictures... no pictures? it never happened... :)

3. Mr ripple Nov 29, 2017

I bought the watch second hand, I paid £1500 full set. Just wanted to know if it was worth me advertising it for 2k as that would prize it from my wrist ; and of course I would post pictures of watch if anyone 2as interested in buying

4. alam Nov 29, 2017

You can always try eBay and see if the 007 serial number brings that amount....

5. Mr ripple Nov 29, 2017

I have thought about that but i have heard of many horror stories about scam artist it has put me of a bit ; but thank you for the reply

6. alam Nov 29, 2017

You could always try this and other forums after meeting their rules for posting FS ads

7. alam Nov 29, 2017

also to consider, scam artists concerns work both ways, why would anyone trust buying a 007-serial number watch from someone that just joined a forum? ;)

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. Mr ripple Nov 29, 2017

Point taken but I have not tried to sell it; also I would expect anyone to view it before buying as I did ; yes it meant driving 120miles to view but it gave me peace of mind as my eyes do the viewing and my money does the buying

9. alam Nov 29, 2017

this could be viewed as trying to sell and an attempt to bypass the rules...

10. Mr ripple Nov 29, 2017

Blimey is there no one you trust’ your very welcome to come and view and if I am telling any lies you can have the watch free of charge then hang draw and quater me and even post the pictures on this forum , failing that you can have a cup of tea and a chat and see that not everybody is out to rook people and this is not a sales pitch either

11. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 29, 2017

Honest answer? I should think having 007 on the serial like probably about 100-200 other SMPs adds very little. Your £1500 outlay may be worth £1600 to the right buyer and then It may not.

Either way stealth sales posts are not welcome here. Yes you have tried to sell it, read your earlier posts if you are a bit confused on this issue.

" I would post pictures of watch if anyone 2as interested in buying"

12. alam Nov 29, 2017

I would if I had interest on the watch, driving was no more than ten miles one way and instead of tea the offer included a nice craft beer...:p

13. Mr ripple Nov 29, 2017

I have only just worked out how to post a picture but here is my atempt ; as you can see the serial no ends in 007 but have hidden the rest in fear of being scammed , not by you of course and if your anywhere near the south coast feel free to pop in for a cold beer or two

14. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 29, 2017

Look again at your pic, the serial is also listed on the top card, I agree you should mask off part of the full serial. The does look legit but I would encourage you to read the rules on sales as the mods can get twitchy when people play fast and loose with them.

15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 29, 2017

Wow a 1 out of 1000

Plus technically post Bond as Bond had PO’s by that time.

16. Mr ripple Nov 29, 2017

Ok thanks I am not trying to sell it ion here I guess you can if you use the for sale section being new to this I was only asking a question for future reference I have no intention at this time in selling it
    thankyou for advice I have deleted the picture as I did not notice the top card was out that much and I was only asking a question on the price to see if it makes any difference with the serial no when I do decide to part ‘ and I only posted the photo to prove I am not trying it on as that seemed was being insinuated but thanks for advice

17. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 29, 2017

The reason I mentioned the rules is that it may well be possible for you to sell in here but you will need to speak to a mod. I wasn't just lecturing you as it probably came across. Nice watch and I think you got it at a decent price.