Forums Latest Members
  1. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Apr 4, 2014

my friend has offered me his seamaster bond version with a bezel that is stuck and refuses to budge. Before i make him an offer what sort of job is it to fix the bezel? Is it just a new spring or loadsa money.
    the other question is value, its about ten years old and in good nick apart from the stuck bezel. Its a full size auto, blue dialled with box and spare links. My plan is to use it as my daily wearer until i come across a late dynamic.
    i dont want to rip my friend off with a low bid but i do want to sell it at a reasonable price when im bored with it.
    (sorry no photos just yet)

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 4, 2014

If you're lucky some warm water and wiggling could loosen it, its usually just trapped gunk

citizenrich likes this.
  3. shane0mack Apr 4, 2014

A 2531.80 in good condition would likely fetch $1400-1500. Worst case, you'd have to replace the bezel assembly, so I'd say knock off $200 or so.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 4, 2014

It could well be due for a service soon too btw

5. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Apr 4, 2014

My friend said he had got a bit of muck in the bezel so it makes sense, just the ugly matter of negotiating a price.

6. shane0mack Apr 4, 2014

If all it is is what you say, then $1400 is probably fair

7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 4, 2014

Let your mate offer and if its below the $1400 offer him $100 more than he wanted.:thumbsup:

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 4, 2014

I get watches in with seized up bezels quite often - as noted it's just usually dirt packed under the bezel. If you don't have proper tools for removing the bezel, I would suggest running the bezel under some warm water and slowly working it back and forth.

If it has not been serviced in 10 years, it's due, so the watchmaker can sort the bezel out at that time. Note that a new bezel assembly is currently $275 from Omega, but about to go up in price...

Cheers, Al