Forums Latest Members
  1. Stufflers Mom Oct 26, 2018

While collecting my copy of the wonderful "From Seamaster to Seamaster" book from my local OB today, I was again drawn to the current version of the Planet Ocean titanium. This watch features the grey dial and orange on the bezel.
    The trouble is I've only just bought the Aqua Terra Spectre and this would need to go to fund the PO.
    So I've been pondering what to do next, sell the AT and buy the PO, or stick with the AT.

Just in case anyone doesn't know the watches the pics are below.

omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-titanium-baselworld-2016-orange-grey-ace-jewelers.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1460.jpg

2. ext1 Oct 26, 2018

Just bought, as in how recently are we talking about?

These are both modern references so I can't think of any good case to keep one over the other with rarity/desirability in mind.

Perhaps there might be a case to pick one over another depending on your wrist size and fit, and possibly watch wearing habits/occasions.

I think the only problem you might face, is the possibility of people calling you a flipper. If that's not a concern then I think why not? It's your money, your decision.

3. llvhhui Oct 26, 2018

I'd stick with the AT. So much easier to wear. New PO needs a bigger wrist.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 26, 2018

How is he a flipper? Buying cheap and selling high?

5. ext1 Oct 26, 2018

I didn't mean to insinuate anything, really sorry about that. I just remembered reading some people's definitions of flipping as one that is related to a quick turnover rate of watches that were bought with the intention to wear. To me I have no problem with that. I know that sometimes we end up realizing what we really want after taking the long path, that's all.

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 26, 2018

I think it’s generally a derogatory term for people snatching up under priced or LE’s for profit. But I see your point.

ext1 likes this.
  7. ext1 Oct 26, 2018

Same, actually this is the first time my immature watch-self has encountered what you described as the definition of flipping for some people. I did know that such a practice of snatching up LE's was frowned upon, but wasn't aware some people called that flipping.

The original intent of my comment was to think in OP's best interests, and consider what people might say about him if he made the decision to switch. But I guess, if many people don't consider a time based definition of flipping it should be fine. Thank you for the opportunity to clarify what I meant :thumbsup:

And sorry OP for the brief detour..:( my bad.
    Maybe it would help if you try out / post wrist pics of the newest PO.

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. tzachi Oct 26, 2018

as a real "tool" (bang etc) the PO as its light and bulletproof. otherwise , and as do it all, Aqua Terra is much easier to wear and nicer.

9. Stufflers Mom Oct 27, 2018

I do change my mind as often as the wind changes direction and I actually got the watch at a reasonable discount and If I sell the AT it will be reduced further.

ext1 likes this.
  10. rbob99 Oct 27, 2018

I think the only problem you might face, is the possibility of people calling you a flipper.

If that's the worst thing they call you, you're doing OK, IMO.

11. Stufflers Mom Nov 3, 2018

Decision made.......... b2cf86ba-672d-4a4f-99d8-53752c78578b_zpsx5zyinw5.jpg a502da49-7058-422e-bcb3-6f783432c35b_zpsm7vbis28.jpg

PeterT, Stgo2019 and Foo2rama like this.