Forums Latest Members
  1. AchillesPilot Sep 2, 2014

Hi all, first post here so hope I'm in the right place. Had my new Aqua Terra Co-Axial for about 3 weeks now, and love it. My only concern so far is how easily the polished bezel scratches. I bought this watch with the intention of it being an everyday watch that will last many years, so I'm fully prepared for it to get the odd scratch over the years, but as I said, in under 3 weeks of daily wear to work and at home, in the 'right' light, the bezel looks pretty bad! Basically I'm wondering if this is normal, and if anyone has handy tips for removing said scratches. Or, alternatively, should I just see it as character and get over it!?
    I've attached a phone camera pic so its not the best quality, but you can just about make out the scuffs.
    Thanks in advance,
    Gavin

photo.JPG
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 2, 2014

hairline scratches are fine and should be ignored completely, you'll get those from anywhere, deeper scratches get fixed at servicing.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 2, 2014

Nice AT btw congrats!

4. AchillesPilot Sep 2, 2014

Ok cheers! Thanks for your reply

5. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Sep 2, 2014

I'm not interested in your insignificant scratches, give me a better shot of the dial she's a beauty!

Spy, Fusion and AchillesPilot like this.
  6. Fusion Sep 2, 2014

I am in the same boat - it's all good!

AchillesPilot likes this.
  7. Spy You know my name. Sep 5, 2014

Be prepared to acquire scratches over time. All watches with polished parts will show scratches more. But that is a nice AT. Congratulations!

8. speedbird Sep 5, 2014

My AT is a couple of months old me I have a couple scars. Just what happens

9. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Sep 5, 2014

To be honest the AT is a really dressy watch and can pick up scratches like a hedgehog has fleas. Unless you drive a desk you might need another Omega as a daily beater.
    A big hello from the forum and a big goodbye to your cash in your new obsession.

10. chickenman26 Sep 13, 2014

I had the same issue with the mirror polished sides of a Breitling case. Get a Cape Cod cloth, and be prepared to be amazed.

11. ulackfocus Sep 13, 2014

If you want your watch to remain perfect, seal it up in Lucite.

Bingo. :thumbsup: