Seamaster Accuracy

Hello, all.

Been tracking my Seamaster 300 NTTD accuracy after wearing it for a full week. This is my first authentic mechanical watch.

After a full week of wearing, with the overnight position facing up, the watch appears to be 5 seconds faster than the atomic clock on time.gov.

Is this fairly normal after only a week? Below are my test results for the Omega website. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

4AF28992-5548-4BC0-919A-011D1B23D4DD.jpeg

Are you saying you think its better or worse than you expected?

An average of less than +1 sec/day sounds excellent to me.

Are you saying you think its better or worse than you expected?

An average of less than +1 sec/day sounds excellent to me.
I honestly didn’t really know what to expect since this is my first mechanical watch. Just curious to hear others’ opinions on if it seems pretty accurate based on my observations thus far.

+5 a week is astonishing for a mechanical watch. Count your blessings!

You'll note the average daily rate is +3.2 seconds per day. Your habits will, it is always hoped, lower that number. You are in the butter zone for sure.

The certificate states a 6-position average accuracy of 0-6 seconds per day. You’re getting +5 seconds over a week, for an average of 0.71 seconds a day.

I remember your previous thread questioning the accuracy of your watch. I have the same watch, and mine is far less accurate.

Your watch is performing fantastically. Don’t worry. Remember that it’s a bunch of gears doing the work here, and not a battery powered computer.

5 seconds a week is better then some quartz.

The certificate states a 6-position average accuracy of 0-6 seconds per day. You’re getting +5 seconds over a week, for an average of 0.71 seconds a day.

I remember your previous thread questioning the accuracy of your watch. I have the same watch, and mine is far less accurate.

Your watch is performing fantastically. Don’t worry. Remember that it’s a bunch of gears doing the work here, and not a battery powered computer.
Thank you!

Is that still considered to be within the normal range?
Yes. That’s within the 0-6 second average across the adjusted positions.

What’s more important is the watch’s delta. That’s the difference between the lowest and highest accuracy across the adjusted positions. Your watch, per the test results, has a delta of 3.1 seconds—which is nothing short of astonishing.

You have a stellar watch that is “running like clockwork”… as the saying goes.

Hello, all.

Been tracking my Seamaster 300 NTTD accuracy after wearing it for a full week. This is my first authentic mechanical watch.

After a full week of wearing, with the overnight position facing up, the watch appears to be 5 seconds faster than the atomic clock on time.gov.

Is this fairly normal after only a week? Below are my test results for the Omega website. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

4AF28992-5548-4BC0-919A-011D1B23D4DD.jpeg

completely unacceptable. My Seamaster 300 MC was only 10 seconds fast after 81 days, so yours is completely out of spec.

😉

https://omegaforums.net/threads/sho...ew-seamaster-300-mc-is-10-seconds-fast.97594/

Return it, it’s unacceptable.
I completely agree. I have Seikos that keep better time. Accompany the returned watch with a strongly worded letter and demand the public flogging of any watchmaker(s) that were anywhere near this watch.

I completely agree. I have Seikos that keep better time. Accompany the returned watch with a strongly worded letter and demand the public flogging of any watchmaker(s) that were anywhere near this watch.
His watch has a delta of 3.1 seconds… how dare they!

My Speedmaster Racing with 9900 movement and my PO with 8900 movement average about +5 sec/day. The Apollo 11 50th Anniversary with 3861 movement is a little better, about +3 sec/day. I consider that excellent for mechanical watches. I've got about 10 Atomic Quartz watches that are more accurate only because they sync with Fort Collins every day. If left to their own w/o syncing they can get off several seconds a week. I have a Bulova Lunar Pilot that is HAQ and so far is only about 2 sec/year slow. (No atomic syncing)