Forums Latest Members
  1. CCR95 Jul 7, 2019

I finally broke down a couple days ago and purchased my first watch of this caliber. I got the new Omega Seamaster 300M with the black dial. Question. What time does your date change over? Mine is pretty abruptly at 12:18. I feel like that’s a little further off from midnight than it should be. Is that something I should be concerned about? Or is it normal? When I first got the watch I was excited and not thinking I cycled through the dates with the hour hand just reaching 8 and now I’m paranoid that I’ve caused damage. I’m driving myself crazy about it.

2. tjs Jul 7, 2019

I believe 10pm-2am is the standard but other watches have broader ranges. All of my watches vary dramatically on the time the date swaps over, but none outside about 11pm - 3am.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 7, 2019

Not sure which watch you have, but if it has the Cal. 8800 the date change tolerance is +/- 10 minutes of midnight. So the date change should be complete sometime between 11:50 and 12:10.

Cheers, Al

Speedy2254 likes this.
  4. AntonisCy Jul 7, 2019

Mine changes at 11:58. @Archer above is correct! Your watch is way off for a 8800. I know a forum member who had his Seamaster replaced for an unrelated problem (like i did) a few weeks ago and they sent him a new Seamaster that changed its date at 6:30. He sent it back and requested a refund.