Forums Latest Members
  1. YYC Omega May 5, 2019

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. After many years of admiring the Seamaster 300M, I finally purchased one last Tuesday, on my 40th birthday, from the local AD where I live. This is my first Omega and the watch is absolutely amazing! However, today after owning it for only 4 days and wearing it only 3 times, I noticed that the Dot on the top of the bezel has fallen out (I've uploaded a picture to show everyone). I was shocked and very disappointed to see this, as I expected the quality to be excellent. I'm sure this is a one-off issue but it is still very disappointing. I plan on going back to my AD on Monday morning when they open, but my question to everyone is what can I expect my AD to do about this? Or what does everyone think is a reasonable expectation for how this should be handled by the AD? I don't know if they will replace the dot or the whole bezel or even maybe replace the watch as I've only had it for 4 days. This issue has really made me second guess the quality of this specific watch and I'm worried that I'll always be second guessing if something else will go wrong with it.
    Any comments on what a reasonable expectation from the AD would be are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    IMG_9205.JPG

77deluxe likes this.
  2. 77deluxe May 5, 2019

The AD will take care of this. I suspect it is highly unusual.

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 5, 2019

It can happen, I’ve not heard of it on a new watch. It will be covered under warranty, they might just give you a new watch.

77deluxe likes this.
  4. boraxman May 5, 2019

Congrats on the new watch. I had new luxury watches (not Omega) have the stem come out and another with an bracelet issue...It happens.

5. Eve May 5, 2019

Watch out to get a green pip as a replacement! ;)

jankymutt likes this.
  6. gpssti4 May 5, 2019

They will take care of you. What do YOU want, a new watch (I would after only 4 days), or it repairing? If you accept a repair you’ll likely be without the watch for a few weeks.

Edited May 5, 2019
  7. Dohnut May 5, 2019

First time I’ve heard of this on the new 300m, gutted for you.

Personally and after just 4 days, I’d be wanting a straight replacement. If your AD is sympathetic to your cause, great. If not I’d be asking for a refund.

jankymutt likes this.
  8. FlyingSnoopy May 5, 2019

It really depends where you live as there are specific laws...
    You can always return it in the EU or US for a full refund....(although they could even claim that you “broke” it)
    However, this is not really common but bear in mind that it may happen to most, if not all watch brands.
    You could ask for a replacement of the watch or a replacement of the bezel.
    It depends on your relationship with the ad.
    You have chosen a great watch and once you have this issue solved I am certain that you will enjoy it
    Cheers

9. AntonisCy May 5, 2019

A problem with the pip? Noooooo...

jankymutt likes this.
  10. cjoedaniel May 5, 2019

That is really unfortunate for a first time purchase and experience .. Hope you get a replacement watch from the AD.

11. Omega-Q May 5, 2019

I'd ask for them to fix it under warranty, or replace (if they will). I had to send my new LE for service because it was not to my liking.

12. YYC Omega May 6, 2019

Hi all, I though I'd provide on update on this...
    I went to my AD this morning and showed them the watch, they seemed pretty sympathetic but said they would need to speak with Omega to see how they wanted to handle it. They kept my watch and the warranty card and said they would be in touch by the end of the day or tomorrow.
    I got a phone call about 2 hours later from the AD saying Omega was going to replace the watch with a new one, my AD doesn't have one in stock so a new watch is being shipped form Toronto ( I live in Calgary, Canada) and I should have it in a week.
    I was very happy with this outcome and the ease at getting this resolved!!!
    Thanks to everyone who posted comments.

13. boraxman May 6, 2019

That's great!

14. mydeafcat May 6, 2019

That’s awesome news. Congratulations. If you don’t mind my asking, I’m curious who provided the great customer service, Calgary Jewelers or J. Vair Anderson?

15. YYC Omega May 6, 2019

It was Calgary Jewellers.
    One of the sales guys I spoke with there said J.Vair had lost there ability to be an AD, but I noticed J.Vair is still on Omega's website? I took everything that specific sales guy said with a grain of salt though as he wasn't very knowledge about the watches or the brand.
    Calgary Jewellery did have another lady who was very knowledgeable though. Overall I've been pretty happy with their service so far.

jankymutt and mydeafcat like this.
  16. Omega-Q May 6, 2019

Thanks for providing us an update. It is great to know that Omega is taking care of you!

mydeafcat likes this.
  17. gpssti4 May 7, 2019

That’s exactly the outcome that should be expected when spending several thousand $. Look forward to your new watch and I’m sure that you’ll get many years of pleasure out of it.

18. savio.79 May 7, 2019

This is a great happy ending!