Forums Latest Members
  1. xcentric Mar 21, 2015

do the knowledgeable people of the forum know through price for reasonable, genuine late 60's model (in UK £)?

found one for around £3.5k but that seems a bit steep, looking at recent auction prices.....

2. OmegaRookie Mar 21, 2015

Here's a new listing on eBay. Not sure where it will end but 3500 L seems high

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-66-O...911?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f4958bcc7Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

And another. This one is half price from what you looked at. Bezel is a bit rough though

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Omega-Vintag...871?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae5aae7f7Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Edited Mar 21, 2015
  3. redpcar Mar 21, 2015

First one - only starting at $1K. Case back looks too good. Ask for better pics of the dial and inside case back / movement. This guy has limited sales on ebay and never a watch. Red Flag.
    Second one - HOLY JESUS! Stay away. There are too many things wrong to list.

4. pitpro Likes the game. Mar 21, 2015

1st one is either modern replacement dial or re-dial
    pics too blurry to tel. Not what you want.
    2nd one is baddd re-dial among other things- run

5. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Mar 21, 2015

there
    without photos its impossible to help. Price is completly dependent on condition and originality. The two pieces linked above are not original vintage pieces, rather they appear to be put together with NOS parts and redials. What are you looking for?

6. OmegaRookie Mar 21, 2015

The above links were just something to give an idea on price. I Know nothing about vintage watches. That's why I usually buy new ones. ;)

7. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Mar 21, 2015

They don't give us any idea of price because they are garbage. You can stick any price you want on garbage, it doesn't establish a value....only want the owner is asking.

8. watchlovr Mar 22, 2015

£3.5k is UK retail price for a perfect BT dialled vintage piece.
    If you know nothing then take your time, do your research or buy from someone who knows what they are doing.
    (And is honest of course)

9. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Mar 22, 2015

£3,500 is top end for a 165.024 with a good 1035 bracelet, so would need to be in excellent condition. You have to bear in mind that we have to pay a lot more for vintage watches in the UK than they do in the States - or buy from the States and pay 20% tax, so probably a bit more expensive that way.

This web site will help you with your research - not on price, but with spotting a good one.
    http://thatwatchandmore.blogspot.no/2013/03/buying-vintage-omega-seamaster-300.html

10. Tjmmartin Mar 22, 2015

Recently paid £2.4k for ok watch, no bracelet. I love it but I'm sure to those who know will see faults! I posted a photo in WRUW a few weeks ago.

11. xcentric Mar 22, 2015

agree - hence my post here :) thanks Stewart H too - had read that post already, but it's always helpful. Pictures show great aged lume and dial in vgc, one owner with correct case, movement, etc. No messed with in any way. Some scratching as you'd expect but nothing serious. UK based seller so yes more expensive :-/ and retail at the moment too.

Found a couple in auctions in Switzerland in nearly as good condition for half that, so think it's definitely on the high side. Happy to wait until I find a good one.....

thanks for input so far.

OmegaRookie likes this.