Forums Latest Members
  1. michael e Still learning. Aug 16, 2020

A friend had these two stolen today in Beverly Hills California, taken from his bag in a restaurant.
    I can imagine that these will be hard to hide for too long, if you see them please get in touch.
    Cheers, Michael

EC46A63E-4B2A-4A2A-A854-0B2244037695.jpeg 667AA31D-7708-4E1A-A106-EC102BFFDED4.jpeg E1A046DA-6190-4E25-BDA0-79EB8BD25D3D.jpeg C5167C80-5262-4E8F-AE90-BAFFF060A8E9.jpeg
  2. janice&fred Aug 16, 2020

Oh man snatched out of his bag in a Beverly Hills restaurant? Must have been a crowded place despite the covid rules. Hope both watches weren't solid gold or they will be melted real soon considering thieves are aware of the rising gold prices. No CCTV?

I can't imagine them being sold very easily in Beverly Hills as despite the Iranian population there being large, both the Jewish and Muslim Iranian groups are fairly well networked and word travels fast. Gonna have to off them in an L. A. pawn shop is my guess.

3. timoss Aug 16, 2020

Sorry for his loss! Those are beautiful. I was not familiar with them them before now. Were only certain models translated or was it common across a range of models...?

4. michael e Still learning. Aug 16, 2020

CCTV was my first question, but he said non inside or outside. These were taken from his bag on the back of his chair somehow.
    Cheers, Michael

5. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Aug 16, 2020

When I see these posts I always wonder if it would be best to have the description and serials etc in searchable text. OF gets really high google results that a potential purchaser or pawn shop owner might find

I hope your friend finds them. The are stunning

Benbradstock, kov, OmegaP99 and 4 others like this.
  6. michael e Still learning. Aug 16, 2020

Stolen from Beverly Hills CA
    Omega
    CK 2486
    Cal 381
    Case 2486-1
    Serial 11208612
    Black dial.

Omega
    CK 2486
    Cal 381
    Case 2486-2
    Serial 11210006
    White dial.

Photos above.
    Please let me know if you see them or are offered them.

Thanks, Michael

7. michael e Still learning. Aug 16, 2020

Thank you :thumbsup:
    I have added above.

Duracuir1 and DaveK like this.
  8. OmegaP99 Aug 16, 2020

Can you share the name of the restaurant? The bag was not taken, only the watches?
    The no outside CCTV is odd considering that town is plastered with surveillance, even the addition of some stand alone mobile camera units on towers since the protests hit the city some weeks back.
    It's sadly not unheard of for a well-dressed couple to pick the pockets and bags of nearby diners in these places where it's least expected. I've had a bud have an entire large duffel taken from right beside him in a booth with solid partitions! They had to have crawled under and between legs and taken it, and he was with two other people.

Be sure he contacts the local vintage watch shops as well, all the usual players, but I don't think they will be sold in BH but most likely other LA-area pawn shops. He should get some Instagram watch pages to post about this also since they get lots of immediate traction and reposts. I know a few stolen autos and even a missing person found by using that method.

Benbradstock and DaveK like this.
  9. michael e Still learning. Aug 16, 2020

Thank you.

I will ask the name of the restaurant, and will add it here.
    I have put it on my Insta and even though I have said they are stolen people are still asking how much I want for them.
    If anyone else can post these on their insta page that would be a great help.

Thanks, Michael

OmegaP99 likes this.
  10. OmegaP99 Aug 16, 2020

You may need to add a large red graphic saying STOLEN on the IG pic. People don't always repost the caption so that might be a good move anyway since the dials are so unique.
    This type of situation is exactly why I recommend people insure their watches under a separate agreed-value policy, even a theft like this would be covered. Not to beat anybody up over this, we should be able to carry and enjoy our possessions as we please, but sadly some others take advantage of that.

watchyouwant, michael e and DaveK like this.
  11. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Aug 16, 2020

Well, at least you can start ruling out who didn’t steal them ::facepalm2::

12. michael e Still learning. Aug 16, 2020

Il fornaio Is the restaurant name.
    I will ask my Mrs how to add stolen to the photo, she has done it before for me :thumbsup:
    Thanks, Michael

gminnj likes this.
  13. OmegaP99 Aug 16, 2020

Wow, I know that place well, been there several times. It's got sidewalk dining too, so curious if that's where they were sitting. If so, I know there are some black boxes mounted to the trees outside with what look like mobile antennas, so those may be discrete cameras operated either by the restaurant or the city of BH. If the city owns them, or part of a govt program, they may not fess up to what they are, but they could also just be for wifi or speakers for the outdoor seating area, I have never paid that much attention, so may not be of any use, I'm only saying I know there are "devices" outside. I do also advise your friend to go back and walk the immediate area scanning for any cameras from adjacent businesses. They would have probably left immediately after taking the items.
    Lots of public parking nearby so sadly would make for a quick getaway.

Benbradstock and michael e like this.
  14. michael e Still learning. Aug 16, 2020

I hope he will go back down there and check, I’m sure like you they would have left pretty sharpish once they had done the wicked deed, may well be known to the police too. There are cameras everywhere these days so I am sure one or two will cover the area.
    Thanks, Michael

watchyouwant and OmegaP99 like this.
  15. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Aug 16, 2020

In January this year, I left a bag with 20 vintage Omegas in it in a buffet restaurant in Sapa, VietNam.
    One hour later, I came back and it was ... still there.:thumbsup:

16. janice&fred Aug 16, 2020

We lost a whole lot of watches and jewelry around 2 years or so ago out of our house in Cebu City while we were traveling. Around $75k worth. However given the location we knew there was zero chance of getting anything back. There are a few other collectors in Cebu City that got hit real hard during the same time frame. Hit much harder than us. Not one of us will ever see anything back but here in the USA you do have at least a fighting chance.

Benbradstock likes this.
  17. dootcho Aug 16, 2020

18. FREDMAYCOIN Aug 16, 2020

Same here, same amount 12 years ago. It’s awfull

Benbradstock likes this.
  19. chronoboy64 Aug 16, 2020

I am very sad for your friend about the loss of two real Omega grails.
    What wonders me a bit is that he has this two special pieces in his bag when joining the restaurant.
    Did he has a meeting with a dealer or other watch collectors prior to the restaurant visit ?
    Or was such a meeting planed after the visit ?
    The hole scene looks like an organized crime to me and IMHO worth to solve this questions.
    Best Hajo

michael e likes this.
  20. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 16, 2020

Do you eat there often? :whistling:

OmegaP99 and hoipolloi like this.