Seamaster 300 Sword hand 1966 for review

Hi guys, I'd appreciate your opinion on this watch.
The bezel seems to be blue. I believe it's a rare variant, but legit.
Would $8700 USD be a fair price for it?
Thanks in advance!

Perhaps it’s my phone but I’m seeing zero blue on that bezel

iMac sees no blue either.

The blue shows up on my phone (not enhanced just cropped & zoomed)
IMG_8050.jpeg

Perhaps it’s my phone but I’m seeing zero blue on that bezel

Hard to tell but it's dark blue IMO

I see blue but wouldn’t that bezel be for the 166.073?

IMG_6460.jpeg

I was thinking the same thing. I don’t think the bezel on the original watch came with it, but was replaced with the one from the 120. Not a rare variant at all.

I was thinking the same thing. I don’t think the bezel on the original watch came with it, but was replaced with the one from the 120. Not a rare variant at all.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/is-this-a-variant-of-an-omega-seamaster-300-ref-165-024.129887/

Regarding the blue bezel member @vitriol wrote this:

"Hands and dial are legit Omega parts, just are service parts (165.0324)
Blue bezel insert may give you a headache. Blue inserts for a very long time were considered as transplants from Seamaster 120 166.073, but something like 6 months ago, TsoloT has posted blue insert on vintage 165.024 and said those are genuine, but produced in a very low quantity batch."
Edited:

Walk away. Too expensive in today's market anyway. Blue bezel will always be the obstacle. You will be defending your Sea 300 all the time, which will in the end be the selling point and you will loose even more Money....

https://omegaforums.net/threads/is-this-a-variant-of-an-omega-seamaster-300-ref-165-024.129887/

Regarding the blue bezel member @vitriol wrote this:

"Hands and dial are legit Omega parts, just are service parts (165.0324)
Blue bezel insert may give you a headache. Blue inserts for a very long time were considered as transplants from Seamaster 120 166.073, but something like 6 months ago, TsoloT has posted blue insert on vintage 165.024 and said those are genuine, but produced in a very low quantity batch."

So one random person posts on the internet that it there were blue bezels installed on Seamaster 300s that look suspiciously like the bezel from a 166.073.

Must be true. I take back any suspicions I have.

;]

Former member TsoloT is banned from here and while he maintains a very lengthy online resource on these watches, I would suggest treating what is presented as fact there with caution and seek further confirmation.
Edited:

I thought those bezels weren’t interchangeable between the models?

Correct, they are different from underside and not interchangeable.
I`m pretty sure the blue haze in the photo is just a optical play. Or the rare mixed bezel insert unicorns as mentioned above? Who knows... need to see in person probably..
btw, it is in my opininon not 1966 watch, but later.

OP, about your price question - do you want to sell the watch for this price, or to buy it (unfortunately from the context of your questions I can not tell)?

I would have doubts to buy this watch based on the way the case was opened in the past. This isn't giving me a confidence what care this watch have seen over the years if someone could scratch it so bad by opening.
Edited: