Seamaster 300 master co-axial black strap recommendations

IMG_3287.jpeg
The OEM strap on this is quite thick by the lugs (about 5mm) and it tapers down to about 2-3mm. The thicker end is nice because it helps to prevent the gap between strap and case. I’m having something being made by the fine folks at Veblenist, but in the interim, was wondering if anyone had any black straps for this model that they really like. Thanks.

I'm pretty partial to the first generation heritage on this ceramic Seamaster Pro strap: 20231015_162706.jpg 20231015_162351.jpg

And for demonstration's sake, yes the strap fits the second generation case very well, as well and should fit your ref:

20231015_164003.jpg 20231015_163959.jpg
20231015_164234.jpg
Edited:

Rubber B’s Swimskin strap is an excellent option, I added an oem pin buckle and it is a great combo!

Rubber B’s Swimskin strap is an excellent option, I added an oem pin buckle and it is a great combo!

Nice. First time I have seen that Rubber B has made one specifically for the Seamaster 300 Heritage. And it comes in brown (which is my preference). I’m tempted. How flexible/comfortable is it?

Nice. First time I have seen that Rubber B has made one specifically for the Seamaster 300 Heritage. And it comes in brown (which is my preference). I’m tempted. How flexible/comfortable is it?
It’s perfect, it is as if it was an OEM strap. Changes up quite significantly how the watch wears and makes me think that this should have always been on offer from Omega, especially for a watch that should see plenty of water. Whilst the bracelet is excellent I find I wear this quite regularly through summer.

You might notice that I have used an exacto scalpel to cut the strap wider on the notch for my wrist where the larger smp300 pin goes. Alternatively you could buy or swap in a pin buckle with a normal, smaller pin that suits the strap.

Happy strap shopping Donn.

I really like what I have seen of rubberB's straps, yours looks really good.

If they made a blue one that would compliment the 75th heritage, it would be a no-brainer.
Edited:

I really like what I have seen of rubberB's straps. If they made a blue one that would compliment the 75th heritage, it would be a no-brainer

Rubber B is awesome. It would be a difficult colour to match in rubber with that gradient across the dial. Maybe a sailcloth strap from artem for a waterproof option? They make a nice 21mm option in a fairly appealing blue.

I didn’t realise that the bezel on the 75th was ceramic until you pointed it out on Reddit a little while ago, it’s tempting, I’ll have to see if my local boutique has any of the Summer Collection when I pick up a watch from service.

Rubber B is awesome. It would be a difficult colour to match in rubber with that gradient across the dial. Maybe a sailcloth strap from artem for a waterproof option? They make a nice 21mm option in a fairly appealing blue.

I didn’t realise that the bezel on the 75th was ceramic until you pointed it out on Reddit a little while ago, it’s tempting, I’ll have to see if my local boutique has any of the Summer Collection when I pick up a watch from service.

They could maybe match the strap color to the bezel color... I'll shoot them an email and see what they have to say.

Good to see you over here- what's your reddit handle?

They could maybe match the strap color to the bezel color... I'll shoot them an email and see what they have to say.

Good to see you over here- what's your reddit handle?
On Reddit I am fishmongerel, was a fishmonger before finishing up earlier in the year. It is certainly a little more focused and civilised over here. Will be interesting to see if they consider a blue strap, would look good on the black 300 as well.

On Reddit I am fishmongerel, was a fishmonger before finishing up earlier in the year. It is certainly a little more focused and civilised over here. Will be interesting to see if they consider a blue strap, would look good on the black 300 as well.
Well hey, good to meet you over here! Now that you have mentioned your name I remember, you shirts images of a trilogy as well right? I might have that wrong, but I definitely remember the name.

Yep, this is a much more chill group! This for him greatly reminds me of how internet forums used to be 15 to 20 years ago, a whole bunch of people that share a common interest all getting together to celebrate that interest and share information. It's what a community like this should be. The major downside with a place like Reddit is that any subreddit can potentially pop up on anybody's feed depending upon what they've been looking at or what the algorithm thinks will cause them to post.

Anyway--- good meeting you here.

Well hey, good to meet you over here! Now that you have mentioned your name I remember, you shirts images of a trilogy as well right? I might have that wrong, but I definitely remember the name.

Yep, this is a much more chill group! This for him greatly reminds me of how internet forums used to be 15 to 20 years ago, a whole bunch of people that share a common interest all getting together to celebrate that interest and share information. It's what a community like this should be. The major downside with a place like Reddit is that any subreddit can potentially pop up on anybody's feed depending upon what they've been looking at or what the algorithm thinks will cause them to post.

Anyway--- good meeting you here.

Absolutely, good to see you over here. It is great being over this side more often. There is a little to wade through on Reddit at times amongst plenty of content. I do however direct those with a genuine interest or good questions over to the forum. It is a much better place to discuss watches.

Yes, you remember well. I love the Trilogy, it’s in for a service at the moment, I kind of miss it. Had a little condensate form under the crystal after wearing it inside a walk in fridge for a few hours. Couldn’t replicate the condensation at home or at the boutique but figured after six years it was due for a bit of a freshen up anyway.

It is up to the quality control/ testing phase so should be able to pick it up and have a look at some of the newer watches in the range. Hopefully they carry some of the Summer series when I’m in, those dials really pop.

When I dropped off the Trilogy they had a Snoopy to try on. I was wearing an Ed White so it was nice to sit down and compare them side by side. The sales associate had not seen the new Ed White in person before, so he had a little fun trying it on.

Either way, we laughed when he said I had more chance of being struck by lightning than getting a Snoopy, but I could put my name down on the list. I appreciated his honesty.