Seamaster 300 Lume

Thank you for adding me. I recently purchased a Seamaster 300 Heritage on the secondary market from AIS Watches. The watch warranty card states 2022.

How long is the lume supposed to last on average?

Thank you for adding me. I recently purchased a Seamaster 300 Heritage on the secondary market from AIS Watches. The watch warranty card states 2022.

How long is the lume supposed to last on average?

Since you posted the card states 2022, I think you mean "last" to mean its lifetime. As long as it's not damaged or contaminated by moisture, it should pretty much last "forever" in normal use.

As far as how long it should glow, it's safe to say "all night" depending on its prior exposure to UV light and your personal visual acuity, though.

Like 1
It will last all night and be quite visible in a darkened room if activated by UV light. I keep a UV flashlight by my bed to activate my Seamaster 300 before I take it off at night and keep it beside my bed to read the time at night. It lasts until morning.

Now, will it be bright in a room with any other light? No. But that is mainly because your eyes are not dilated enough to pick up the small glow from the dial due to the ambient light. Move into a dark room, let your eyes dilate, and you’ll be able to see the lume just fine.

Like 1
It will last all night and be quite visible in a darkened room if activated by UV light. I keep a UV flashlight by my bed to activate my Seamaster 300 before I take it off at night and keep it beside my bed to read the time at night. It lasts until morning.

Now, will it be bright in a room with any other light? No. But that is mainly because your eyes are not dilated enough to pick up the small glow from the dial due to the ambient light. Move into a dark room, let your eyes dilate, and you’ll be able to see the lume just fine.

That's something I've wondered. What should I be using to charge lume quickly at night.

I truly don't get the need to "charge" the lume with a flashlight before bedtime. Are you guys vampires ;). My watch charges throughout the day via the sun, office lighting etc. I still have the softly glowing lume a 4:30 am when I wake up.

Like 1
I truly don't get the need to "charge" the lume with a flashlight before bedtime. Are you guys vampires ;). My watch charges throughout the day via the sun, office lighting etc. I still have the softly glowing lume a 4:30 am when I wake up.

I just like to get it really glowing when I go to bed, because it usually does t get exposed to sunlight once I get home at 5-6 PM. It works if I don’t, but will be noticeably dimmer.

Like 1
That's something I've wondered. What should I be using to charge lume quickly at night.

Like I said, buy a cheap UV flashlight off Amazon and use it. Think it cost less than $10. A regular light works, but the glow when charged directly with UV only is more noticeable.

Like 1
Since you posted the card states 2022, I think you mean "last" to mean its lifetime. As long as it's not damaged or contaminated by moisture, it should pretty much last "forever" in normal use.

As far as how long it should glow, it's safe to say "all night" depending on its prior exposure to UV light and your personal visual acuity, though.

Thank you, it definitely does not last all night. Only a few hours. I’ve also noticed that it is -2 seconds per day.

Thanks, I ordered a UV flashlight from Amazon last night. It might take some getting used to as my prior watch has tritium tubes.

Like I said, buy a cheap UV flashlight off Amazon and use it. Think it cost less than $10. A regular light works, but the glow when charged directly with UV only is more noticeable.
So. Super deep clean of the bedroom to avoid it looking like a Jackson Pollack, and buy a uv light.

Like 2