Forums Latest Members
  1. Hands90 Mar 28, 2016

This is inevitable. When I owned my Tudor BB it had lug scratches and I added to them with my constant changing of the strap.

I feel my Seamaster is suffering the same fate. They are very slight and small under the lug scratches that I can not help. I'm slow and careful. I even tape the lugs but it can not help the inevitability of scratches.

Any tips? or is this pointless and it's going to happen?

2. M'Bob Mar 28, 2016

Going to happen, lest you wear it in bubble wrap. Some say it adds to the charm, history, patina, etc. if it's any consolation, it annoys me each time it happens.

3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 28, 2016

aside from being very very very very very very careful my only other tip would be to stop looking at the scratches and focus on the dial.

gemini4 likes this.
  4. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Mar 28, 2016

The watch was meant to be worn and scratches are inevitable. I wouldn't think twice about them. The only other option is the put it in a glass display case. :)

5. Flingit1200s Mar 28, 2016

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy as many Seamasters as you have straps and then you never have to change them and they never get those scratches? :)

watchme likes this.
  6. Cosd Mar 28, 2016

Are they polished or brushed steel?

If polished you could try Cape Cod on them. It'll remove any light scratches but don't use n brushed steel!!

Worked a treat when I scraped my bezel.

7. redzer007 Mar 28, 2016

I have seen people cover the lugs with tape when changing straps. I don't do this and have many scratches, mainly as a result of a crappy tool

8. KstateSkier Mar 28, 2016

I cover my lugs with a small piece of clear tape, cuts down on scratches.