Forums Latest Members

Seamaster 300 Crown Damage....Replacement ? Advise?

1. Manolo Jun 5, 2021

Hi everyone
    I am looking for advise and/or help on my Seamaster 300M , Ref 2223.80.00, Cal 1538 watch which has a broken Crown / Stem as in 3 pictures below.
    Doubts I have are:
    1) A replacement parts are needed or can it be fixed with the exiting parts that felt off?....
    2) if replacement parts are needed, can you share me a site where I can get in contact with to check if there is available parts and if there´s worldwide shipment, I haven´t been able to find a supplier of those in Mexico, other than the OMEGA Centers

I would really appreciate your help on this, tks in advance for it.
    Manolo Seamaster 300 Crown Damage Pic 1.jpg Seamaster 300 Crown Damage Pic 2.jpg Seamaster 300 Crown Damage Pic 3.jpg

2. SkunkPrince Jun 5, 2021

This is the sort of thing an Omega service center is for... working on your modern Omega.

3. Evitzee Jun 5, 2021

This isn't a 'do it yourself project', it needs professional assistance to fix and pressure test the watch, along with determining if other issues exist. The Omega SC is the logical choice.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 5, 2021

You need a new crown, as the crow itself has come apart. It's a very easy fix with a new crown, which is part number 069ST42147.

If you can find a crown somewhere, and you have any skills at all, this is easily fixable. If in doubt, you can find a watchmaker yo install it for you, or find yourself a watchmaker with an Omega parts account who can get the crown and do the work for you.

Manolo likes this.
  5. Donn Chambers Jun 5, 2021

Even though your watch is the quartz version and you may not think it’s worth the price to have a watchmaker replace the crown, it is. They will make sure the quartz movement is functioning properly, replace the date wheel if it is worn, make sure all gaskets are replaced, and make sure the watch is water resistant — all in addition the replacing the crown properly.

I suspect you haven’t done anything other than battery every few years. Even though a complete service will be a few hundred dollars, it’s worth it.

Manolo likes this.
  6. Huus Jun 6, 2021

Would OFrei in Oakland, California have this part?
    Their Omega account has been closed for some years now and possibly they have not.
    Worth a try since Archer just supplied you with the part number.:thumbsup:

7. SkunkPrince Jun 6, 2021

Since a watchmaker would be involved, there's no reason to source the part. Your watchmaker has sources you don't (as I have learned when my watchmaker beat that into me! :)) and there's no reason for a person to pay extra that authorized service does not. If nothing else, the watchmaker may not be paying tax that a consumer would, depending of course on where you are.

wilderbeast likes this.