Forums Latest Members

Seamaster 300 8 seconds per minute

1. GoFast May 8, 2021

Hi All, my seamastsr 300 gone crazy, 8+ every minute. OMEGA just notifies me its not magnetized and they'll have to open it.

Bought it 6 months ago from an AD.

Anyone knows if I'm intitled for a brand new piece under warranty or am I stuck with this one?

Needless to say being a coaxial it should have remained sealed from the factory for over 10 years..

2. padders Oooo subtitles! May 8, 2021

Omega makes no specific claims about servicing timeframes AFAIK. I'd be interested to hear where you saw this.

That aside, 6 months is of course far too soon for it to need work, it is under a 5 year warranty, ask for a warranty repair. You can't reasonably ask for another watch, you've had that one far too long for that.

Edited May 8, 2021
  3. amcclell May 8, 2021

Warranty policies generally cover the repair of the watch that you have, unless replacement is more cost effective for the manufacturer. If they have tried to demagnetize and determined that is not the cause, it could be a couple of entangled windings in the hair spring, which is a very simple repair. Whatever it is, it will be up to the repair centre to determine the course of action.

GoFast likes this.
  4. GoFast May 8, 2021

Thank you Amcclell. Very encouraging.

I'll report back when I get their findings.

5. bruin20 May 8, 2021

Did you drop it? Sounds like the hair spring is tangled.