Forums Latest Members
  1. Groto Jul 16, 2012

I just received an omega seamaster cosmic 1970s. It is about 5 seconds slow a minute. Can this be adjusted? How off should a watch be for being early 1970s? I am going to take the watch in tomorrow and see if they adjust it. Thoughts?

I have another thread about this watch but I am hoping for more people to provide input on this specific problem. This equals 2 hours slow per day. Could this be from bouncing around shipping? Is this damaged and something I should send back? Thanks

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 16, 2012

If its that old and hasn't been serviced, it needs a full movement service badly

3. ulackfocus Jul 16, 2012

This quote came from your other thread - and has extra meaning now, huh? I'd return it if you can. We'll help you find another correct watch.

4. Groto Jul 17, 2012

So I screwed up since I have never owned a vintage watch. I timed 60 seconds right after getting the watch before it was charged. I wound it a lot yesterday and have not worn it yet because the band has not been adjusted. 30 hours later it is still ticking and about 5 mins off in over a day. When I time 60 seconds it seems pretty perfect. How far off should a watch like this be? Is 5 mins after a day about right? Can I make it more accurate?

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 17, 2012

When serviced even a vintage watch should be able to be regulated to within a couple of seconds per day

6. Groto Jul 17, 2012

Do you think this is fixable then?

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 17, 2012

Get it to a watchmaker and they can definitely improve on it

8. Groto Jul 18, 2012

After giving it some power and then timing it again I believe it is very accurate now. The seller says it is more accurate after winding it as opposed to just putting it on when it was compltely dead.

I will give it 24 hours and see how far off it is, but I think it will be pretty much perfect.

9. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jul 18, 2012

Groto: Why do you have two threads running for the same topic?

10. Groto Jul 18, 2012

One was about the watch and the other was the slow time. I think I have the slow time figured out now so this thread may be done. I'll know for sure tomorrow. I am still trying to confirm that it's the original unmodified dial or a redial (other thread)