Forums Latest Members
  1. Cfcboy Mar 21, 2022

Does anyone know if the metal overlay to the glass ( the part next to the bezel) is separate to the glass or part of the glass ?

If so can it be repaired, or a whole new piece with the glass ?

Cost ?

2. Donn Chambers Mar 21, 2022

Your post is not entirely clear, but I’ll reply based on what I think you are asking. I am assuming you are talking about the Seamaster 300 heritage model (not the 300m Pro in your avatar picture). That model has a steel band between the crystal and the bezel and can get scratched pretty easily. It is my understanding that is part of the case, not the bezel or crystal. So it is separate from the crystal.

if you are talking about something on the Seamaster 300m Pro, then I don’t understand your question. Perhaps a picture would help.

aphexafx and YY77 like this.
  3. Cfcboy Mar 21, 2022

Thanks - I have your one in your avatar. Blue on steel. I did the most stupid thing on actually dropping my Tudor bb gmt face down onto the seamaster 300 2021 in my watch drawer. The Tudor was fine. However, I’ve only had the seamaster 300 since November 21, and it now has the most dings on that area as well as the coin edge itself. The blue bezel is fine. The light catches lots of marks on the coin edge that I did but also that were three there when I purchased. Not sure what to do. It’s my most expensive watch yet has now the most marks as well as being my newest watch.

4. Cfcboy Mar 21, 2022

Apologies your watch is not a seamaster 300 2021. I’m on my mobile hence not easy to see.
    I’m wondering the cost to repair bezel/ and steel band?

5. Scooterino36 Mar 21, 2022

Can you post a picture of the damage if you don't mind?

6. Cfcboy Mar 21, 2022

01C85370-5DC7-4D38-8E39-50C98394EB96.jpeg
  7. Cfcboy Mar 21, 2022

You can see the dings- one on the ring by the crystal, the other on the edge of the bezel.

The near the 20, another mark.

8. Cfcboy Mar 21, 2022

9. Donn Chambers Mar 21, 2022

your pictures are of a Seamaster 300 heritage. A I said, the metal between the bezel and glass is part of the watch case. To fix that ding, you will either have to replace the case or have metal laser welded to it then polished. In either case, it isn’t going to be cheap and you also shouldn’t mess with it until your warranty is up, because the watch movement will have to be uncased to do either fix, and that will void your warranty unless done by Omega. Really, the best option is to learn to live with it and don’t worry about it.

10. Cfcboy Mar 21, 2022

11. Cfcboy Mar 21, 2022

Thanks. Just wondering how that part, is part of the case itself?