Seamaster 300 - 14755

Put your ear next to it in a quiet room and listen for "Fantasy".

::rimshot::

Wow that's bad. Still made me smile though-which i could use

So how do you spot an Aldo bezel then?

Agree with the "tells" above, and also believe that re-made bezels' 0/60 minute lumed spot in general look alot "newer" and less deteriorated than the original bezels' 0/60 minute spot which you can find out there, and are usually clearly a different shade of yellow/orange. Aldo's, however, usually take into account the color degree and deterioration of the rest of the watches' hour marker lume, and are made to look somewhat similar (aging and color wise). From the pics above, and due to the florescent lighting, you can see the difference in coloration. Still, in a general daytime light setting, it looks almost exactly the same color as the hour marker lume.

Here's my 14755-1 for comparison. All original - also the bezel!
And agree in the above mentioned tell signs - plus the shape of the black inlay must be very concave i.e slope down from inside to outside. Most redone's don't slope down correct, even Aldo's, althrough his are close.
Enjoy your watch. The 1.gen SM300's are really some of Omega's finest designs IMO.
/Kim

DSCF1918.jpg

T2eC16JHJGkE9no8gJH7BQPZIPDrZg60_31.jpg

Thanks kox... Glad to receive your input on this 😀

I ran into a matrix which you had done earlier breaking down the different configurations of the SM 300's while I was researching this amazing model, and it has been tremendously helpful in understanding the intricate complexities and differences!!!

Beautiful original example you have there... just awesome! 👍

Thanks kox... Glad to receive your input on this 😀

I ran into a matrix which you had done earlier breaking down the different configurations of the SM 300's while I was researching this amazing model, and it has been tremendously helpful in understanding the intricate complexities and differences!!!

Beautiful original example you have there... just awesome! 👍

Do you have the link to the matrix - would be helpful to the forum readers here for sure.

Do you have the link to the matrix - would be helpful to the forum readers here for sure.

I wanted to post it earlier, but it was a part of a thread from another watch forum, and didn't know if it was OK to post?

Here it is... sorry for the bad quality....and its in danish, but you get the picture;-) Have to make a better version in english one of these days.
And will see if I can make a better comparision picture of a genuie bezel and a redone...
And thanks for the nice feedback, Melhadary
/Kim

SM3001genoverviewKOX.jpg

Here it is... sorry for the bad quality....and its in danish, but you get the picture;-) /Kim

Thanks kox 😀

Here it is... sorry for the bad quality....and its in danish, but you get the picture;-) Have to make a better version in english one of these days.
And will see if I can make a better comparision picture of a genuie bezel and a redone...
And thanks for the nice feedback, Melhadary
/Kim

SM3001genoverviewKOX.jpg

Kox,
Nice matrix. The 2913s though are a bit more variable than that. I would add that full dauphine hour and minute hands are correct for the -3 and the straight sword hands are correct for the -8.
Mike

Kox,
Nice matrix. The 2913s though are a bit more variable than that. I would add that full dauphine hour and minute hands are correct for the -3 and the straight sword hands are correct for the -8.
Mike
Thanks Mike.
I'm not sure I agree with you, but to be clear. Do you by "full dauphine hour and minute hands" mean the configuration like the late railmasters? #3 in the below? And by "straight sword hands" mean the configuration like #4 below?
hands.jpg

Thanks Mike.
I'm not sure I agree with you, but to be clear. Do you by "full dauphine hour and minute hands" mean the configuration like the late railmasters? #3 in the below? And by "straight sword hands" mean the configuration like #4 below?
hands.jpg

Yes.

Yes.
Sorry, meant #4 regarding the straight hands.
Anyway, I have not seen any 2913 with straight hands at all. Only very late 14755's and of course 165.014's. These hands were first introduced around '62/'63, so...
Regarding full dauphine hands, I still need to see rock hard evidence that prove they have been used on any 2913. Do you have any? (besides the one in the 2010 Antiquorum auction which I believe is wrong). Not saying they don't exist, just find it unlikely because of the sm300's diver design and those hands offers very little visibility.
Cheers /Kim