Seamaster 200M questions

I got my fathers old watch which is a Seamaster “Pre Bond” 200M. I am trying to do some research to find out the year it was bought and how much the original retail price was. I think it was around 1990 because the dials are from the first generation from what I can tell. Can anyone tell em what year these were made and how much they were sold for back then?

I got my fathers old watch which is a Seamaster “Pre Bond” 200M. I am trying to do some research to find out the year it was bought and how much the original retail price was. I think it was around 1990 because the dials are from the first generation from what I can tell. Can anyone tell em what year these were made and how much they were sold for back then?
You'll quickly learn that this group is incapable of proper answers without good photos. It's a savant thing.

First gen 2 part caseback, hands and crown. circa 1988 at a guess.

The dials never changed during the model's production run. Or maybe you mean the hands?

Yea I meant the hands my fault. How much did these watches cost back in 1988?

That was for the auto version, the OP's example would have been considerably cheaper judging by the numbers of each type sold.
Ah yes, I see the difference in the dial text now. Well at least he knows it’s under $850.

Thank you for the help. It’s a great watch I am looking forward to wearing it

With that case back it might have the 1441 high accuracy movement too. If you get it opened be sure to take a picture.