Forums Latest Members
  1. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 28, 2014

I recently got this 176.007 and I'm quite pleased with it. It'll require some attention to the crystal which is a bit scratched but no big deal.

My query relates to the combination of dial/bezel/hands.

Most I've seen have the combination:

Silver dial, blue bezel, blue minute recorder hand.

or

Blue dial, silver bezel, orange minute recorder hand.

Mine has

Sliver dial, silver bezel, orange minute recorder hand.

Is this combination unheard of or is it possible that Omega produced some with this combo?

If the expert opinion is "No Way" then I could change the dial to blue, or change the bezel and minute recorder to blue.

Any thoughts or opinions?

P1030184.JPG

2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Feb 28, 2014

I have seen a number of variations, but if you look at AJTT and other catalogs from the period I think you will find the 2 most common variant s (and probably the way these were configured out of the factory) are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures credits = Steve W. website

BrianMcKay likes this.
  3. rolexfantastic Mar 1, 2014

Your dial is correct and so are the hands (the hands you have there, are pretty rare and usually found on 176.001). However, it seems the crystal was replaced. If you are concerned about the combination, you should only change the crystal with a blue tachy one. That would be the cheapest replace.
    I have a NOS blue dial but changing dial would mean changing hands therefore more costs for you... Personally i would not replace the crystal or anything on yours as it looks very desirable as it is. Maybe with the next service, you'd consider a new crystal.

BrianMcKay likes this.
  4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 1, 2014

Here are some more illustrations for your enjoyment

p1415.jpg Omega-011.jpg eMuseumPlus.jpg

BrianMcKay likes this.
  5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 1, 2014

BTW , in case you missed it or did not understand from Rolexfantastic's last post , the crystal comes with a new Tachy.

I think yours would look sharp with the dark one.

BrianMcKay likes this.
  6. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Mar 1, 2014

Agreed. Also note from all the images we posted that your minute totalizer should be the blue tip version for this dial combination.