Forums Latest Members
  1. andresrobinson Jul 28, 2021

Hi all,

Last week I bought a vintage Seamaster case number 166.0216/366.0848. It came through the mail today.
    On the listing I already noticed some details on the dial but from my point of view the overall condition was pretty good.

I'm adding below the pictures I just took with some comments.

IMG_4720.jpg
    Cal 1020 under the magnifier. Also it's possible to to notice some wear on the case.

IMG_4729.JPG
    IMG_4730.JPG
    Damages on the dial are visible at positions 3, 5 and 11

IMG_4727.JPG
    IMG_4726.JPG
    Bracelet is kind of loose.

IMG_4725.jpg

So, long story short, I removed the movement from the case (forgot to take some more pics), and put the case, bracelet and crown inside the ultrasonic cleaner.
    The wear on the case back is my main concern at the time, since I don't know if the case is going to be properly sealed.

So here go my questions:
    - Should I be worried about the wear on the case back?
    - I don't have any information on the last service, so It needs one for sure, is it worth having it done at the Omega Boutique or not? (thinking to wait a bit before having the dial replaced/restored)
    - The bracelet is loose... maybe too loose, any idea on how to tighten it?
    - I paid EUR 380 for this one, overpaid in your opinion?
    - From the looks of it, aside form the glass, any other part seems not to be a genuine one?

Thanks in advance, sorry for any mistake, this is my first post here.

Geme81 likes this.
  2. 89-0 Jul 30, 2021

3. Geme81 Jun 28, 2022

I am looking for the same reference 166.0216/366.0848 with a reasonable price. Do you perhaps knows where to look for? thank you in advance for the reply.