Seamaster 166.010 calibre 562 accuracy problem

I have a question about a vintage piece I got a week ago. I went to a watchmaker to get it checked out and get a look at it and how accurate it runs before I completely closed the deal. He checked it out and confirmed that it is in really good condition and runs alright with + 11 seconds a day.

Have been wearing it daily for a week and two days ago I started to notice, that it might run faster than the first few days so I went by the watchmaker again today and it’s suddenly supposed to be running + 34seconds a day.

What could be the reason for it except that it should be serviced? Or is a movement service recommended anyways since I just purchased it and it probably has been laying for a few years and has been serviced some time ago (ca. 5 years) according to the seller.

Pretty new to the vintage watch game and was wondering what you would recommend me to do.

thanks upfront for any advice and recommendations.
Edited:

I have the same reference. Shortly after I purchased it, I had it serviced for $300. Without a service or documented history of a vintage piece, you just won’t have a deep view of its mechanical condition.

Like 1
It's hard to know when the watch was truly serviced. Maybe it was 10 years. Time flies. We don't really have enough information to advise you, timekeeping can depend on many factors. The watchmaker may have taken a better look. How does the lubrication look? How is the amplitude? Etc.

In any case, if the timekeeping continues to be erratic, most likely a full service is in your future.

Like 1
Was the watch fully wound both times, do you wind it when you strap it on and or do you periodically top it up? Many people today don't move about enough during the day to keep an automatic watch wound sufficiently and no you can't "over wind" a watch.

Like 1
Thanks for the fast answers.
I thought I might have to less information. He just told me it looks good, also on the inside. But he just opened the case back and took a look at it so of course that’s just a look and not a thorough examination. And I didn’t ask about the amplitude but should have done it…

But as I also almost expected, I should probably get it serviced in the near future if the timekeeping stays like that. I was hoping to be wearing it for some time first but the joy of wearing it will be even higher if it’s serviced and if it then keeps the time better.

Like 2
I have the same reference. Shortly after I purchased it, I had it serviced for $300. Without a service or documented history of a vintage piece, you just won’t have a deep view of its mechanical condition.

How well/accurate is your 166.010 running after the service?

I’d also question the last service. Was it really 5 years ago or longer and to what quality was it done?

I’ve lost count of the watches I’ve bought where the seller was adamant the watch was serviced very recently, only to find it’s completely dry and in urgent need of one. Unless there’s documented proof of a recent service by a respected shop, assume it needs one.

Like 4
Was the watch fully wound both times, do you wind it when you strap it on and or do you periodically top it up? Many people today don't move about enough during the day to keep an automatic watch wound sufficiently and no you can't "over wind" a watch.

I wound it up completely last week when the watchmaker gave it back to me. And then I had it on my wrist all the time except for sleeping and for workouts.
I do move around a lot (I own a coffeeshop) and work standing and walking around 10 hours a day. So my wrist moves a lot up and down. So that I don’t move enough shouldn’t be a factor.

But thinking about the last few days I first noticed it running too fast after I was on a bike with it for the first time (riding to the gym and back). Could that be factor?
Edited:

And to answer it more precise I didn’t wind it up in the morning and I didn’t top it up since putting it on last week. Can something like that prevent it from running too fast?

I’d also question the last service. Was it really 5 years ago or longer and to what quality was it done?

I’ve lost count of the watches I’ve bought where the seller was adamant the watch was serviced very recently, only to find it’s completely dry and in urgent need of one. Unless there’s documented proof of a recent service by a respected shop, assume it needs one.

I don’t have prove - Good point. I mean the person wanted to sell it so she can tell me a lot and I might not know if it’s true.
Edited:

The watch can certainly run faster or slower depending on whether the mainspring is fully wound or less fully wound. So if you want to compare apples to apples, wind it manually for 40-50 turns.

Like 1
A magnetised or sticky hairspring can also cause the movement to run fast due to the effective shortening of the length of the spring.

Attempting to resolve the issue via the internet will provide you with advice though, not a solution.
The only way to determine the cause of the problem is for a watchmaker to diagnose the issue, and then rectify it with a proper service.

Like 4
How well/accurate is your 166.010 running after the service?
Pretty good. Let me know if you want me to, and I’ll put it on my timegrapher to give you the specs.

Like 2
Thank you very much for all the answers and possible explanations. So my overall conclusion should get it checked out properly and serviced.

Before I was still under the illusion that I might be able to get around a service for a year or two. But now I see and accept the fate and get the service done rather now then later. Luckily there is a competent watchmaker in my town and he is able to source original omega parts if needed. So I don’t need to give it to omega.

Like 1
Pretty good. Let me know if you want me to, and I’ll put it on my timegrapher to give you the specs.
I don’t think that is necessary ;)
But I will let you know if I want a comparison to my watch after I got it serviced.