Forums Latest Members
  1. dantaspaulo Nov 17, 2016

Gents,

What do you think?

seamaster123.png

No bezel, possibly recased? I asked for a movement shot, but overall, would you pay USD300 for it as is?

2. lillatroll Nov 17, 2016

I think it depends on what your plans for it are. If you are planning on restoring it, I dont think I would bother, it could turn out to be a frustrating project, trying to find all the bits and getting it back to standard. It might also cost you as much as a nice example would have cost you in the first place. If you are planning on using it as is, then it seems like a reasonable buy. Two things to consider though, why is a watch that, in good working condition, sells for between 1500 and 3 thousand dollars be on offer for 300dollars and secondly, would you be happy wearing that watch knowing it is not a great example of a seamaster 120 as it stands? Buy the best example you can afford and this might be a case of; if it seems to good to be true then it probably is.

Edited Nov 17, 2016
    dantaspaulo likes this.
  3. dialstatic Nov 17, 2016

It might be the ladies' version, those seem to go for 300-500 USD. They can be difficult to distinguish from the gents' without knowing the size. Actually I bet that it is, because the Seamaster text seems to be relatively close to the hour markers. Gents should be 37mm.

dantaspaulo likes this.
  4. jebula Nov 17, 2016

Yeah I think its ladies version also, crown is pretty big compared to the rest

dantaspaulo likes this.
  5. Maganator Nov 17, 2016

Does the men's version not have a date window at 3pm?

dantaspaulo likes this.
  6. micampe Nov 17, 2016

dantaspaulo and dialstatic like this.
  7. Delroyb Nov 17, 2016

I'm pretty sure that is a ladies version, I nearly got stung on one of those a while ago till something twigged it wasn't quite in proportion.

dantaspaulo likes this.