Forums Latest Members
  1. JohnnyDollar Jun 13, 2019

New to the forum and surprise, I have a question.
    I have had this Seamaster 120 for probably 20yrs, it has been my everyday wear watch.

At this point, friction will not hold the second hand in place, it comes loose within a day or so of wearing it.
    Can anything be done with it or do I need get a replacement second hand?
    I like the look of the original, but I have been unable to find a replacement, so I am considering going with something different.

Any thoughts?

Picture of the watch with second hand:
    IMG_5012.JPG

Thanks,

2. palatine Jun 13, 2019

my advice would be to send it to a competent watchmaker for a service and they should be able to sort any issues the watch has....
    where are you in the world?

3. JohnnyDollar Jun 13, 2019

Guess I should have mentioned, I live in South Texas, the watch was recently serviced.

At this point, it has no issues other than the second hand no longer holding onto the watch.

My watchmaker has re-attached the hand a couple of times, says I need to replace it. I am mostly looking for suggestions or opinions as to what people might consider as an acceptable replacement.
    -or- checking just in case someone has an idea for fixing the original.

Edited Jun 13, 2019
  4. JohnnyDollar Jun 13, 2019

I am thinking of going with this second hand which appearts to be from a PLOPROF as someone did on this photo I found on the internet.

images.jpg
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 13, 2019

Why is the hand coming off? Is the tube loose or split? Both can be repaired, but one is much easier than the other...

6. JohnnyDollar Jun 13, 2019

There is no tube on the second hand, just a hole. (Perhaps that is the problem)

I found a second hand at otto frei that matched it, but it was too long. I believe that one was for an Omega Memomatic.

Edited Jun 13, 2019
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 13, 2019

The replacement hand for that one is 066TP1794.

Note that if your watchmakers is skilled enough,. he could install a tube on the hand and rivet it in place.

COYI and JohnnyDollar like this.
  8. JohnnyDollar Jun 13, 2019

Thanks,
    I can certainly ask him.

I'm not aware that the second hand is available anywhere.
    But I'm just a guy with some watches. :)

Edited Jun 13, 2019
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 13, 2019

Still available from Omega, but if you can;t find it on the open market then you would have to take the watch to a watchmaker with an Omega parts account.

JohnnyDollar likes this.
  10. JohnnyDollar Jun 13, 2019

Thanks for the info.