Forums Latest Members
  1. oilandsawdust Aug 12, 2017

Hi guys, it's my first post in the main forum aside from my intro, so here goes!

I've been the proud owner of a 1030 for a few months now, but recently picked up a 1022 which I suspect is not quite right. Don't get me wrong, I love the look and feel of it, but I'm not sure it's original. In my research, I thought that the 1022 came in only day/date and not date only versions, although I found a previous ebay listing of the same model...But I can't find it for the life of me now. It was seeing that previous listing that clinched the deal for me.

Would those of you who know more about these than I be prepared to share your thoughts please? Am I looking at a rarity or a bitsa/Franken?

IMG_20170812_131701.png IMG_20170812_132628.png
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 12, 2017

1022 is a day-date movement. I serviced a very similar watch with a blue dial not long ago that also had a 1020 day-date movement inside, and all the day parts had been removed from under the dial:

[​IMG]

Note sure who the seller is, but it appears that someone is cobbling these together with whatever movements they can find. Based on the one that I recently serviced, the work done on it was not very good, and it required quite a number of new parts, so it wasn't a cheap service.

Cheers, Al

mikechi22 likes this.
  3. oilandsawdust Aug 13, 2017

Thanks Archer, I've been in touch with the seller and it's going back tomorrow. The search continues