Forums Latest Members
  1. Squan Jun 20, 2019

I just bought a new Tudor black bay heritage burgundy in house. When I unscrew the crown, it doesn’t automatically pop out to the winding position. I have to slightly move the crown clockwise for it to pop out to the winding position. Is this normal for Tudor/Rolex? This doesn’t happen on my new seamaster 300m. Thanks!

2. Manticore Jun 20, 2019

I've had this problem before, never bothered me enough to do anything about it, and it didn't seem to impede on the functionality. But if it's bothering you I'd say take it back and see what the AD has to say, it is a luxury item after all!

Squan likes this.
  3. redzer007 Jun 20, 2019

Just checked my 58, it's the same, my guess is it's by design. To wind you have to rotate anyway. Have you read the manual?

Squan likes this.
  4. steelfish Jun 20, 2019

By old BBN was like this when I first got it. Took a couple of weeks to free up and feel really smooth, but was absolutely fine even when I did have to assist the pop out.

Should be nothing to worry about, assuming this is the same issue/non-issue.

Squan likes this.
  5. Canuck Jun 20, 2019

The telescoping crown mates to the neck of the crown with a hexagonal recess inside the crown. The neck of the crown also is hexagonal. These hexagonal components must mesh to enable winding the watch manually, and setting the time. At the point the crown becomes unscrewed from the case tube, these components occasionally haven’t meshed. it is obvious that the crown must be turned a bit to cause these components to mesh, at which time the crown will extend a bit further. Nothing to concern yourself about. This phenomenon likely doesn’t happen every time.

pre-mastered and Squan like this.
  6. Squan Jun 20, 2019

Thanks for the answers guys, love this forum