Forums Latest Members
  1. steven Dec 23, 2012

So, after a few days of non-use, I come to wind my watch...and ping...the crown comes off.

Now I know they're replaceable, so should be able to come off...but I'm struggling to get the thing back on in a fashion that allows me to change the time, and wind the watch. Also concerned that it won't stay put either!

Any help / advice greatly appreciated. Cheers. image.jpg

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 23, 2012

Damn... I've never seen that happen to an SMPC before! Those things are extremely tough. Get it to a watchmaker, and keep in mind without that crown its not watertight.

steven likes this.
  3. pascs Dec 23, 2012

I believe that most crowns screw onto the stem so you probably need to take it to a watch maker to open the watch, remove the stem and reconnect it with the crown.

Trev likes this.
  4. steven Dec 23, 2012

Any idea where I stand with warranty? I got it from an AD new, only 2mths ago.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 23, 2012

Warranty claim could take some time to process, an indy watchmaker could fix it in no time flat.

6. Desert Weasel Dec 30, 2012

Hiya Steven, what's the latest on the repair? A bit disconcerting I have the same watch we bought them at a similar time.

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 30, 2012

I've got the blue version and its extremely solid, Trev had the blue version too, a 1997 model of the same watch, and he absolutely beat the shit out of it while he had it, never missed a beat! I wouldn't worry, this is a freak event!

8. steven Dec 31, 2012

Hi DW - and Happy New Year to all.

I dropped the watch in at my local AD on Christmas Eve, so it's in the process of going off to Omega. (Who i'm lead to believe are closed for a few weeks.) The guy there said he'd seen this before, but only ever on watches that have were considerably older than 2mths! Overall though, i'm with Ash on this...I think it's just a very rare thing to happen...certainly hasn't put me off - and if anything, it'll be quite nice to see how this whole process works. Was also good to meet and chat with the local AD as well, nice and knowledgeable guy.

9. steven Jan 22, 2013

Morning all, just thought i;d give you an update.

I picked up my watch last night having dropped it off on Christmas Eve. (Considering it wasnt even sent off to Omega until the 2nd January ish...the turnaround has been remarkably quick I think - especially considering my receipt told me to expect it back on the 19th Feb.)

Everything looks in order...apart from that it has been sent back without the warranty card. The chase is on to locate / replace this...but it's no major deal at the moment. Good service.

Desert Weasel likes this.
  10. Desert Weasel Jan 22, 2013

Good news :thumbsup: glad you got it sorted out.