Forums Latest Members
  1. jayrock26 Jul 20, 2016

Please be aware of ''dan GAN'' or ''[email protected]'' from Malaysia

i sold a strap to dan about a month ago,sent it out regular mail with a 2-3 month delivery time from Canada to Malaysia. In the sale tracking was not included it was discussed between buyer and seller to purchase tracking and he declined prior to having the parcel sent out. Dan continues to email me in response to where his parcel is. i have emailed him back promptly and provided all the information i can to ensure him the package is on its way including multiple phone calls to Canada post and emails to paypal. he is now getting Paypal to refund the money simply because he does not want to wait, knowing there is no tracking number for paypal to trace. Dan continues to be difficult no matter what i provide to him including proof of delivery times. dan having his money and the strap and the manner and which he is emailing me leads me to believe i am being scammed with no promise of a returned item when it arrives. i offered to accomodate him with a refund of a portion of the amount for the misjudgent on the delivery time and he refused to provide me back my strap or the money back to me when it arrived. The strap took much longer than i expected since it was my first time shipping such a small item overseas (standard delivery) which is why i offered him a portion back. He got paypal to take back all his money and blocked communication once he got it back and likely had the strap in hand as well. Ive lost more time than i have money trying to call and make him feel confident that he will receive it and no matter what i provided he didn't want to listen almost as if he was trying to find any way to get his money back.

save yourself the hassle and avoid any deals with this man

Joel

2. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Jul 20, 2016

Joel you must always send all items tracked buddy regardless of cost.... if you lose a sale so be it its better than losing a strap and your cash it's not a case of asking the buyer if he wants it it's simply THE ONLY WAY. Paypal / eBay will not accept proof of postage and understandably so he may well NOT have recieved his strap you dont know that he did. PayPal dont know if he did we dont know if he did only Dan knows...

Joel even posting this here WITHOUT proof of DELIVERY and not proof of postage is still just heresay.

You dont want to hear it but he as a buyer is equally well equipt to say

"JOEL THE NOB DIDN'T SEND MY STRAP AVOID HIM BECAUSE HE IS A TW*T"

and as buyers and sellers we would be equally equipped to believe him.

Lesson learned i hope buddy but just ALWAYS SEND TRACKED inland or international. it makes no difference.

3. jayrock26 Jul 20, 2016

I see what your saying, but does that mean im entitled to lose my money and my strap? Along with countless hours of my own time trying to sort things out with him. Have i learned from this? Yes but everyone makes mistakes and when he does receive it i will have nothing. Small anount and item, yes. But its the principle and this guy has given me nothing but hastle, ive been very accomodating. If he was so concerned he could have held the money until it arrived instead of taking his money back. Lesson learned but i am the one at a loss here simply for picking a lower shipping option.

FullyWound likes this.
  4. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Jul 20, 2016

totally agree but buyers pay shipping if he says no well... there's a reason...

Its ok i learned that too (slower tho!) i used to sell lots of lower end items on ebay before i "found my feet" so to speak just you know used toys and the kids clothes costume jewellery stuff like that... all under £20 stuff i used to just send PROOF OF POST not "signed for"

NOW Signed for and not signed for is the same service EXACTLY THE SAME not extra tracking or care just that the buyer signs and delivery is recorded. SO the point is an item has EXACTLY the same chance getting lost signed for & standard post Just the same service no difference!

But!!! i was losing maybe a 3rd of my posted items! i thoght Royal Mail were SH*T! but hey ho.... i learned too... its amazing how many people will target sellers that DON'T NEED PROOF OF DELIVERY... think about it...

HERE
    eBay
    WuS
    the INTERNET

you could buy shit all over the place open up a separate account (eBay) and start a business selling it £0 overheads 100% proffit....

5. jayrock26 Jul 20, 2016

Thats true so much fraud these days,

Definitely lesson learned i will be putting tracking on everything over 20$ from here on in. Anything below that is pretty useless lol.

Thanks for the heads up ill be covering my tracks next time around!

6. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Jul 20, 2016

dude i still charge £9 (the international tracked charge) on an item even if it sells for £2! if you sell an item for $19 and it gets "Lost" your not loosing $19 you're losing $38

now... maybe your bathing yourself in a swimming pool of money at home and sniffing coke with your pet panda before hiring a limo to your private jet to take you to your 2nd holiday home for a long weekend with, or away from your model "trophy" wife and you dont need that $38 but i am not prepared to post that away to a 1/3 chance i can't afford it...

7. jayrock26 Jul 20, 2016

Thats me, but when i wake up and realise it was just a dream i go pay the debt on my credit card again.

I feel the struggle, but youre right its at least double what you lose since the item is gone as well. Wouldint be doing this if i had that trophy wife..

8. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Jul 20, 2016

[​IMG]Hi,
    I just won your LONGINES strap. In order to keep shipping cost at a reasonnable level, could you please send it in a small padded enveloppe,using Royal Mail International Standard (copy of the price calculator follows.

Royal Mail
    International Standard
    More details
    3 to 5 working days delivery aim Up to £20 for loss or damage Not Tracked
    £1.52*

Thanks by anticipation and best regards;

Edited Jul 21, 2016
  9. jayrock26 Jul 20, 2016

I seen this before you deited it, he definitely was trying to run a fast one on you. Some people need to get a life or get caught legally in the act

10. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Jul 21, 2016

i had to his name was a link (clickable) ooops...

11. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Jul 21, 2016

New message from:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Hi,
    Thanks for your answer ; however, I fail to understand why "... WE CAN ONLY SHIP ROYAL MAIL INTERNATIONAL TRACKED AND SUIGNED..."!!!!. In addition, as I PAY, I feel entitled to decide what mean of transport to be used to send my belonging!!!
    If you don't understand that paying 9£ to ship 9£ of good weighting in addition few grammes is one of the most stupid thing we can do there is really a problem!!!
    So please, come back to a more realistic stand!!!
    Regards.

oh shit now he is pissed... =)

Edited Jul 21, 2016
  12. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Jul 21, 2016

me,
    Sir postage is part of the item cost. The item is not yet your item sir the item is still my responsibility until the point that you have recieved the watch strap and decided to keep it. (up to 30 days after you receive the item) This is to protect both you and ourselves if the item is not recieved by you we need to be able to prove it was lost in the post (TRACKED & SIGNED)

All postage costs are clearly offered to you before you choose to bid or "buy it now" i see that you sir are still a low feedback member with little or no experience of ebay. but i would like to remind you of the important buyer clause that to ask a seller to change their postage method or your post to address is against ebay policy.

This is both for your protection as a buyer and the seller community..

13. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Jul 21, 2016

pissed french guy....

Sorry, but if you don't understand thet paying 9£ to be sure that 9£ of good arrive safe (when both Royal Mail and the French Post are totally reliable); if you don't understand that a SMALL piece of leather is purchased for 9£.... and finally at the end of the day costs actually 18,; if you don't understand that, for me, you have really a serious intellectual problem!!!!

YOU want a "PROTECTION"... faire enough, I don't need it; so pay it if you like.... but don't try to oblige me to participate: I DONT NEED IT!!!!

Regards.

14. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Jul 21, 2016

me,
    to be frank, its not for you it is for me, its my protection. weather or not the item arrives regardless of its cost (£9 or £9,000) i need to KNOW that you recieved it if i dont know that you recieved it when ebay and paypal will give you the opportunity to say whether or not the item is in your possession you can simply claim it WAS NOT regardless of whether or not it was recieved you can simply state it was not. thats why amigo we MUST use tracked postage inland AND internationally.

P.S. the postage cost was always included in the item price the item never was £9 it was ALWAYS £18 for you. you did know this before the sale.

15. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Jul 21, 2016