Saphette? 0,16 ct diamonds

Posts
6,830
Likes
10,653
Ladies cocktail or so. No specific model name most likely
 
Posts
15,931
Likes
47,836

The Sapphette series of watches for ladies was featured by Omega during the 1960s. They were all in karat gold cases (14-karat or 18-karat, depending on local markets). I think they were all manually wound. The Sapphette series featured synthetic sapphire crystals which had faceted perimeter. The faceting was done by the same processes as faceting gemstones. Styles varied, but most that I’ve seen have been round. Considering the description uploaded, the diamonds are likely single cut.
 
Posts
13,624
Likes
18,979
Based on the serial number of the movement, if you can find an Omega catalog of ladies watches from 1960-61, you might find your watch in there.

I’ve not seen a measurement of diamonds on a watch before.
gatorcpa
 
Posts
7
Likes
0
bought it for 5000 swedish crowns, was it bad or good deal u think haha
 
Posts
15,931
Likes
47,836
bought it for 5000 swedish crowns, was it bad or good deal u think haha

The conversion table I checked indicates about $650.00 Canadian. Considering the value of gold today, i’d say you did reasonably well.
 
Posts
24,798
Likes
55,079
bought it for 5000 swedish crowns, was it bad or good deal u think haha
I'd suggest valuing it as jewelry and I doubt there's much gold or diamond value in that tiny watch. But it's an interesting piece of history, and if you enjoy wearing it, that's the most important thing. The good news is that it's probably too small to actually read the time, so there's no need to set or wind it, and you won't ever have to get it serviced. 😀
 
Posts
13,519
Likes
23,458
I’d say that’s on the high side but presumably you bought it to wear because you like it rather than because it was a good investment. As long as that’s the case, it’s fine.
 
Posts
2,677
Likes
3,151
I sold mine for 350 usd and there was no demand, the guy got it for his sister though and it at least felt good that the watch found a good home

Sad truth is ladies watches yield more value when melt