Forums Latest Members

Saint-Imier Retrograde Moonphase

1. CrisROSE Jul 25, 2016

I just wanted to see if anyone owns one of these on a strap?

How do you find it in real world use? Is the thickness an issue, or does it wear well?

I've had a look at the Master Collection version before, but the Saint Imier version has been growing on me.

Thanks
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tiny Iota likes this.
  2. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Jul 25, 2016

Not seen it before but that's a nice looking watch!

3. CrisROSE Jul 25, 2016

Here's a shot that shows its thickness

[​IMG]

Edited Jul 25, 2016
  4. ulackfocus Jul 25, 2016

Geezus - that's a doorknob ding waiting to happen.

5. CrisROSE Jul 25, 2016

I know, right? But having started to get a real hankering for the Flightmaster / Z33, I've started to look at this watch's thickness in a new light.

I believe it's a modified base movement that started off as a 7750, with a unique-to-Longines module on top that provides the 4x retrograde hands, moon phase and am/pm.

I've been wanting a watch that combines both GMT and Moonphase as a more "all singing / dancing" watch to go along side my Speedy MkII and Citizen Altichron. This also includes the annual calendar, and does so with some fancy retrograde hands and a retrograde small seconds!

It kinda feels like it can be let off being thick, given everything it does!

6. adi4 Jul 25, 2016

16mm thickness right? I think that rules out most shirt sleeves if that's a concern for you. I remember seeing some of these in the Longines boutique, but the thickness of a lot of the retrograde models was definitely a turn off.

7. CrisROSE Jul 26, 2016

My Speedy MkII is 14.5mm thick, so if it is 16mm, it's practically the same.

Where did you get that dimension from?

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 26, 2016

Noticed the new Longines watches thickness on the new diver when mate got it a few months ago.. ( not visible in this shot but below net pic you can see )

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

9. adi4 Jul 26, 2016

It escapes me now, but it was one of the grey market dealers I believe that had it listed. I think I just searched for that watch + "dimensions" and it was one of the first few links.