Forums Latest Members
  1. ggeilman Dec 2, 2020

Hello. I'm fairly new to watch collecting and to Omegas. I kind of have a crush on the Rose Gold Speedmaster Moon watch. I like the Racing one (blue) and the standard Black one. But I'd like to know where the best source of information is on the years of production and the features so that when I go on the hunt for one, I know what I'm looking for. What's the best resource for learning about the various years/vintages, etc.? Thanks.

Omega Speedmaster Rose Gold -BLACK2.JPG Omega Speedmaster Rose Gold -BLUE.JPG
    pw92676 likes this.
  2. pw92676 Dec 2, 2020

No ideas but following along just because that blue and gold combo is stunning. I share your crush lol.

3. TimeODanaos Dec 2, 2020

You may be struggling to get responses because this post probably belongs in the modern Omega forum. I'm not sure, seeing your photos (nice, btw!) you're really talking about vintage here. But if you ever did want to descend that spiral, there are many experts to talk to in that forum. I don't think that, except for the Apollo 11s, gold is a particularly important feature of their deliberations though. To start to understand the territory, the compendium you might want to start ::facepalm2:: with is probably speedmaster101.com. Good luck!

4. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Dec 2, 2020

5. ggeilman Dec 12, 2020

Thanks a bunch. I've done a bit of research and my local Omega dealer was helpful, although he knew I probably was just mining him for information. The "Moonphase" version is the most expensive of the Sedna gold. The one without Sedna is just the black "Moon watch" with Orange Gold. It's a simpler, slightly less busy design. I'm trying to get my hands on that one now. Appreciate the comments. Thx.

6. Dimitris Dec 15, 2020

Rose gold and yellow gold watches are indeed beautiful and dont get much love which I think they deserve.

pw92676 and noelekal like this.