Forums Latest Members

Rose Gold Michael Schumacher Speedmaster

1. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Aug 17, 2020

I'll start by saying I'm not very into modern watches and know nothing of the Schumacher line but I saw this watch and am intrigued. Looks like it was limited to 555 pieces and I really like the rose gold black dial look.

Does anyone know much about these pieces? Whats the general consensus on them?

I don't really like it says Michael Schumacher on the dial but really like the rest of it and the limited nature is a plus. I know auto speedmasters get a bad rep. Would love to hear your opinion on the look of this piece/ would you wear one?

Pictures from the internet:

20200817_232247.jpg 20200817_232319.jpg 20200817_232352.jpg

2. Ritzwatch Aug 17, 2020

You hit on the two biggest points already: the automatic movement and the "Michael Schumacher" on the dial, The auto movement isn't a turn off for me. I wear automatic watches, if I am not buying a Speedy Moon for the sake of buying a Speedy Moon, why not have it be auto if I like it? Also, though I wish the name weren't on the dial, the rest of the watch is so sharp that the name is the last aspect my eye is drawn to, so it really doesn't distract or bother me.

I agree that the Rose Gold/black dial is a really good look. So, I guess I can say that I like it, and I would wear it, but as I don't often have the occasion to wear RG, I'd probably pick up a less expensive RG/black dial and spend the balance on something I'd wear more often.

3. Marsimaxam Aug 17, 2020

First, I love the rose gold look, especially in vintage watches. However, this particular watch just doesn't appeal to me. I'm not saying it's unattractive, it just doesn't spin my wheels. I'd rather have a dress watch in rose gold. I'm old fashioned, maybe a purist, but when I see a tool or utility watch, I want it in stainless steel. Also, I hate the date at the 6 position, it's giving me nightmares and I'm losing sleep. Then you have those massive minute and hour hands and what appears to be a second counter that has a bad case of anorexia. If you are really hung up on the name Schumacher, maybe, consider getting the Audemars Piguet Rose Gold Schumacher Royal, of course, it will set you back close to a 100K... not too thrilled about that one either, but it does have an interesting mix of materials. So, no, I would not wear.

My 2 cents.

4. alam Aug 17, 2020

Nice looking watch... but a watch that parades personal names of others or caricatures on the dial is definitely a turn off for me. :(

5. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Aug 17, 2020

If it didn't have the name on the dial I think it would be a winner for me but I didn't know who the guy was before researching him so not something I want scrawled across the dial.

Thanks for the feedback :thumbsup:

6. wolfe44 Aug 18, 2020

Not doing it for me but it's a very sharp watch